Gibson Brands Forums

Got my ticket for Clapton show at Royal Albert Hall

awel

I am happy, finally I will be able to see Clapton and not anywhere, in the temple, the Royal Albert Hall.

As I will be alone, I just have to plan a good plan to sleep there in London.

It's only in May next year so I have time.

Just wanted to share :)

Guest Farnsbarns

I am happy, finally I will be able to see Clapton and not anywhere, in the temple, the Royal Albert Hall.

As I will be alone, I just have to plan a good plan to sleep there in London.

It's only in May next year so I have time.

Just wanted to share :)

I wish you had said. I get free tix for every RAH show (sometimes subject to a draw if over subscribed). Let me know what date, I'll try to get tix and see if I can't bring another forumite with me.

I've just opened myself to a deluge of requests haven't I. Hmm.

I wish you had said. I get free tix for every RAH show (sometimes subject to a draw if over subscribed). Let me know what date, I'll try to get tix and see if I can't bring another forumite with me.

the 22nd of May

It would be nice to meet someone of this forum for 'real' ;)

Good for you, awel!

[thumbup]

...I'll try to get tix and see if I can't bring another forumite with me...

Oh, allright.

I was going to be washing my hair that night but since you asked very nicely I suppose I could try to keep the 22nd free....

[laugh]

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

Good for you, awel!

[thumbup]

Oh, allright.

I was going to be washing my hair that night but since you asked very nicely I suppose I could try to keep the 22nd free....

[laugh]

Pip.

Well, let's call it first come first served. No guarantees. EC usually ends up with a draw.

Good for you, awel!

[thumbup]

Oh, allright.

[laugh]

Pip.

The last time the three of us went to the RAH we never actually made it there! Bloody funny night though!!

Guest Farnsbarns

The last time the three of us went to the RAH we never actually made it there! Bloody funny night though!!

The last time we went there to see EC we ended up leaving the auditorium and spent the night in the bar!

...EC usually ends up with a draw...

He has a lot in common with Falkirk Football Club.

The last time we went there to see EC we ended up leaving the auditorium and spent the night in the bar!

Here's hoping Farns DOESN'T get tickets. Then all three of us could go into Victoria on the night and not go to the RAH again!....

[thumbup]

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

Ahhh. I get you. Why go to Victoria? It's an arse crack miles from any of us.

Actually I'm off to see David Gilmore on Sunday with Flight.

Actually I'm off to see David Gilmore on Sunday with Flight...

Really? The New York Jazz session guitarist?

https://en.wikipedia...i/David_Gilmore

I hope you both have a really great night out! Not my cuppa, TBH, but it takes all sorts!

I can imagine he gets a bit p'd off with all those twats who go to his gigs thinking it's going to be that old has-been who shares a homonymic name with him!

[thumbup]

Pip.

1474578445[/url]' post='1801274']

Really? The New York Jazz session guitarist?

https://en.wikipedia...i/David_Gilmore

I hope you both have a really great night out! Not my cuppa, TBH, but it takes all sorts!

I can imagine he gets a bit p'd off with all those twats who go to his gigs thinking it's going to be that old has-been who shares a homonymic name with him!

[thumbup]

Pip.

You do travel back and forth to London a bit don't you Pip? Jealous, London is on my bucket list like Australia, I'll probably never get to see. My wife has been there though. I was in heaven seeing New York the 1st time on a bus tour last fall. That was on my list too. I'd love to see Clapton but David Gilmore would win out 1st for me. Love the Pink Floyd stuff. Unfortunately I can do neither. So congrats to any who go!msp_thumbup.gif

You do travel back and forth to London a bit don't you Pip?...

I'd love to see Clapton but David Gilmore would win out 1st for me. Love the Pink Floyd stuff....

Well, I live in London (just! if I lived three streets to the East I'd be in the county of Kent!) so it's pretty easy to get in to town. 18 mins by train and I'm in Victoria Station.

I'm sure Farns and Flight will have a great time seeing Gilmour but I'm certainly not going to complain as Farns and I are going to see the P-F tribute band Brit Floyd at the RAH in three weeks' time. Cheers, Farns! Beers (and whiskies) will be on me!

I've been fortunate enough to catch quite a bit of PF-related action in London over the last few years. I saw Roger Waters' 'Dark Side of the Moon' tour where he played for four hours - including both the DSotM and Wish You Were Here albums in their entirety (as well as stuff from every PF album on which he was a contributor) - and his 'The Wall' tour at the 02 concert hall.

I'm looking forward to the 'Brit Floyd' gig very much. They have had excellent notices.

I thought EC had retired from touring [confused]...

Now you come to mention it, Rev, so did I.

Perhaps he announced he would be retiring in the coming year and this is a last 'Goodbye'?

Pip.

Excellent I'm sure it will be a great show…! I have tickets for Jona Kauffman at the Royal Theater in Madrid Nov. 22. I payed 300 euros for two tickets that are visually obstructed. Sound better be awesome…!

King Crimson are playing in Madrid and Barcelona in November also...

King Crimson are playing in Madrid and Barcelona in November also...

Don't miss it. Fripp is past 70 now and it can't go on forever.

I saw them last year and it was more than superb.

The new 3CD+DVD set "Radical Action".... is almost exactly what I saw and that too is tremendous.

I thought EC had retired from touring [confused]

If he's changed his mind that's great news [thumbup]

No he just said that due to his physical issue he can't stand touring anymore but that he will perhaps do some shows in UK but only few dates.

the 3 dates in the Royal Albert Hall are the 3 only dates for 2017 (that's what said on his site)

Through most of my 56 plus years on this earth I had, for whatever reason, always had another commitment whenever EC came through town. I finally did get the chance to witness his skills a few years ago when he toured the States with the Wallflowers and Jacob Dylan. Terrific show although the acoustic version of Layla totally bummed out my wife, as the rockin' original version is her all time Eric fav.

My highlight moment= Eric joined the Wallflowers on stage for a jammin' version of "The Weight". I love that kind of stuff.

Archived