Gibson Brands Forums

1963 Hbird short etude

Jalex

Following on from Sals sweet fingerpicking demo of his new Hbird TV. I thought I would try this fingerstyle piece I learned years ago, capo at the second fret. I'm still using my cellphone so apologies for the quality. I hope it shows a little bit of how the bird sounds sweet when played fingerstyle.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6x0nDdZsI

Get out of town. That was beautiful. Mucho metro' on a Hummingbird. Matt C from Eddie's Guitars could do no finer.

And to complete the scene, cat sighting at t = 19s.

We should take up a collection to get you mic'ed up; but that smart phone will do just fine for now.

That was gorgeous. Both the piece you played and the guitar. Very articulate, and I love that in a guitar.

Dare I say, sounds a little James Taylor-esque. It reminds me of those chord arpeggios he plays as an intro to Fire and Rain. I thought I heard a little Em9 chord in there. Anyway, I really enjoyed it.

Standard tuning, capo at second fret. It was called "harping on the guitar" I dont remember where I learned it from. I just figured out from memory how to play it. Chords are fairly simple, its the letting notes ring and quick chord changes that make it a little tricky.

Archived