Gibson Brands Forums

1961 Gibson Hummingbird Electric & Stinger?

outdoorukulele

I'm located in Oregon. That's great to hear. Did yours have the stinger?

Hello, and Yes... only thing mine had was all tulips Un shrunk.. it had the stinger ..

I also had a 56 J50e ( stamped on Center strip) Blonde top P90.. I was the second owner from the original purchaser since new on that one..

My guitars isn't a '61 Hummingbird, it's a 1970 Les Paul Jumbo. Not many acoustic guitars were produced with a pickup prior to Ovations introduction of the piezo bridge pickup, sometime in the mid 70's I believe. The reason I am posting my guitar isn't because of the pickup, but because of the bridge. Both the '61 Hummingbird & my guitar have an adjustable bridge with two screws to raise it up & down. I see that the J160-E also had this feature. Is this unique to only electric acoustics?

DSC03976_zpsqn7fp85r.jpg

Jumbo1stPic_zpsfa2021ec.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shipping-Used-Gibson-J-160E-1963-Acoustic-Guitar-/162189045411

My guitars isn't a '61 Hummingbird, it's a 1970 Les Paul Jumbo. Not many acoustic guitars were produced with a pickup prior to Ovations introduction of the piezo bridge pickup, sometime in the mid 70's I believe. The reason I am posting my guitar isn't because of the pickup, but because of the bridge. Both the '61 Hummingbird & my guitar have an adjustable bridge with two screws to raise it up & down. I see that the J160-E also had this feature. Is this unique to only electric acoustics?

DSC03976_zpsqn7fp85r.jpg

Jumbo1stPic_zpsfa2021ec.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shipping-Used-Gibson-J-160E-1963-Acoustic-Guitar-/162189045411

Les paul Jumbo..I used to have one of those.. Cool.. as for the bridge , that was common on half the era of the 1950s, all 1960s and a few 1970s gibson acoustics..

Archived