Gibson Brands Forums

I'm looking for a vintage part

rfiori9

OK, so I know this is a long shot but I need help finding a vintage part. My cousin has a 1959 ES 175 which was his fathers and it has a severely broken headstock, part of the fretboard is missing and bolts and screws where they shouldn't be. I took it to my luthier and he said although he can repair the headstock, to get it back to playability the best thing to do is replace the whole neck. So, I am throwing this out there since I figure this would be the best place to ask, does anyone have or know where I may be able to find a 1959 ES 175 neck?? I will post pictures soon.

• 2 months later...

OK, so I know this is a long shot but I need help finding a vintage part. My cousin has a 1959 ES 175 which was his fathers and it has a severely broken headstock, part of the fretboard is missing and bolts and screws where they shouldn't be. I took it to my luthier and he said although he can repair the headstock, to get it back to playability the best thing to do is replace the whole neck. So, I am throwing this out there since I figure this would be the best place to ask, does anyone have or know where I may be able to find a 1959 ES 175 neck?? I will post pictures soon.

If you have the old neck you should be able to get one made. Look up Whipple Creek Guitars. Terry Whipple builds high end custom guitars and he can make a neck but that's not to say that he will.

http://whipplecreekguitars.com/

• 1 month later...

Archived