Gibson Brands Forums

Crazy idea?

EVOL!

After seeing the Trini Lopez 335 and Joe Bonermass Les Paul, would it be that crazy for Gibson to make an SG model with a Firebird type headstock? I think this would be brilliant because it would help with the occasional tuning issues you see with the G and D strings because they would come off the nut on a straighter angle.

After seeing the Trini Lopez 335 and Joe Bonermass Les Paul, would it be that crazy for Gibson to make an SG model with a Firebird type headstock? I think this would be brilliant because it would help with the occasional tuning issues you see with the G and D strings because they would come off the nut on a straighter angle.

Fixing the nut is way easier than a new headstock.

rct

I sort of think the issues with the nuts and gibbies is a bit over dramatized, it's not really that difficult to dress the nut properly. (and it's really easy to hose it, so you do have to know what you're doing)

On the other hand, the lopez headstock may be the shiznits for some people, but I am not a fan of that head stock style myself.

I guess I'm being a Luddite, I like em just as they are.

Hello.

The Gibson Billy Gibbons SG with the V headstock solves this problem:

zztopglasto2016b.jpg

Cheers... Bence

You say that like it's a bad thing ;)

[biggrin][thumbup]

Perhaps they might make a one-off through-neck SG with Firebird peghead for you, more exactly with an entire Firebird neck. Practically she could be seen as a Firebird with SG-shaped body wings. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived