Gibson Brands Forums

Hiscox Case Story Part 55

BluesKing777

After I got my new Martin 000-17, the plan was to get a pickup put in and a Hiscox Pro II 000 size case to float around securely with to various jams, friends, relatives interstate and the odd holiday by the seaside!! The case that came with it is fine, just really heavy and not much protection compared to a Hiscox.

Now I bought a Hiscox Artist for my Authentic to live in and I thought that would be usable - swap the guitars while I take the Hiscox out somewhere. (I also have a Hiscox 00 case to share between that size guitars and a Hiscox Dread for sharing. The dread case could take the 000 with a t-shirt to pad out the extra bit!

But no, geekdom strikes.

The Better Half said, liking to plan early as she does: "What do you want for Christmas?".

Ba Ding: "the Hiscox Liteflite Pro II OM/000 Case, please".

Silence..................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I thought I would get you a nice coat or something nice to wear for............", was the reply.

" I'll be buying me own case then!"

Wait a minute, not as easy as that - nobody has them and there was a problem with various local shops claiming to have them but not really...

But I found one! Except it is ivory finish instead of rock and roll black. And heading my way by the camel trail as soon as the funds clear. [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Not this one from E's, but same:

http://www.elderly.com/hiscox-liteflite-pro-ii-guitar-case-129400.htm

BluesKing777.

The Hiscox cases are excellent. I bought one in the UK to bring back a 1966 Levin which my father had given to me and I'd left there when I moved to Canada. It went into checked luggage and came out the other side, guitar in tact.

You may have more joy finding one in the UK or Europe and getting it shipped. They Hiscox seems to be expensive here in North America anyway. Andertons are showing three in stock. With the exchange rate this works out at $140 US (don't forget English prices stated include UK taxes) and with the pound tanking with shipping it may end up cheaper.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/PROII0000M/hard-cases/hiscox-pro-ii-hard-case-to-fit-000-0m-shape-guitars

I ordered my cream dread hiscox from Musician's Friend. $329 less 15%, and no tax no shipping.

It's a great case if you take your guitar out. I only have one. Whichever guitar goes out with me goes in this case. I have a realllly Nice soft bag, but I don't use it since I got the case.

I should sell it...

The Hound and I waited for the promised delivery from first light but I suppose instead of making the extra effort on a Friday to please customers, the delivery man went home early! I truly hate them, and won't ever ever order anything online ever ever again! <_<

And being the only 000 Hiscox in the whole of Australia, they stung me full list of $399 plus delivery. Which didn't arrive!

I have been through the options and getting a case delivered from overseas last time cost me 3 times the price, no joke, but I have it.

AND while I am grumbling, the shop where my friend who started the fuss bought his, and showed me, and etc etc etc and it all became needful, have not one back in stock yet. If you ring them, they say it is a 12 week delay, except it has been TWELVE MONTHS! [cursing] [cursing] [cursing]

BluesKing777.

(trying to squeeze 000 in to famous yellow Blues King gig bag [mellow] )

While I wait for the delivery sometime in the near future hopefully, it occurred to me that the white (ivory) finish of the Hiscox could wear a bit of art.

And then it came to me!

Pinstriping!

Down to the Hot Rod Man!!!

While I wait for the delivery sometime in the near future hopefully, it occurred to me that the white (ivory) finish of the Hiscox could wear a bit of art.

And then it came to me!

Pinstriping!

Down to the Hot Rod Man!!!

This I gotta see !

This I gotta see !

First, I was thinking like a subtle blue and red pinstripe on the obvious panel spots like Billy Gibbons custom guitars, but maybe like the Gretsch Hot Rod electric....

But while looking for examples, I came across a white Mustang with black pinstripes blooming out to a racing style black and white checkered flag! And a matching one on the white pickguard of the (black and white) 000-17. Steal that, sucker!

My guitar guy is a speed nut - I bet he could whoosh up a few pinstripes like that!

First I need the case to be delivered.... :wacko:

BluesKing777.

Hiscox 000 arrived just as Hound and I were packing up work for the day and totally giving up on any chance of delivery today at 4.50 pm ((it is late Monday afteroon here in Aust.). They didn't give me any tracking.

Only once before have I ever had any kind of delivery after 2.30 pm. And that was a Gibson LG3 on Fedex that arrived at about 6.30 pm - he must have been lost!

Hiscox ivory finish looks better in the flesh than the photos online - very nice and the 000 fits perfectly. Wish you could play the case like a NGD.

BluesKing777.

I see that there are two threads going on on Hiscox cases. Must be good stuff.

I checked out the Anderton link referenced above (thanks djw171) and found that I can purchase the pro case, which sells for $279 here stateside, and have it delivered for about $148. Which means I could get the Artist model, if they get one in stock, for about the same cost as the American price for the Pro model. Very tempting.

So, what's the catch? I've not done much international purchasing. Will I be socked with some import fee or something?

I see that there are two threads going on on Hiscox cases. Must be good stuff.

I checked out the Anderton link referenced above (thanks djw171) and found that I can purchase the pro case, which sells for $279 here stateside, and have it delivered for about $148. Which means I could get the Artist model, if they get one in stock, for about the same cost as the American price for the Pro model. Very tempting.

So, what's the catch? I've not done much international purchasing. Will I be socked with some import fee or something?

Doesn't sound right, does it?

Let us know how you get on,

Meanwhile, I assume you want a dread case for the Bird? Hiscox Pro II Dread case will do the job beautifully - lighter and cheaper than the Artist. See if it does what they claim and run your Yugo over it a few times..... take photos too! Even though it is more - the one from Elderly probably get here quicker than anything from the ...eek...eek..fear...Royal Mail!!!!

Bad news - Elderly have run out for now:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/cases-gigbags/guitar-cases-gigbags/acoustic-guitar-cases-gigbags/hiscox-liteflite-pro-ii-guitar-case-129435.htm

BluesKing777.

Meanwhile, I assume you want a dread case for the Bird? Hiscox Pro II Dread case will do the job beautifully - lighter and cheaper than the Artist. See if it does what they claim and run your Yugo over it a few times..... take photos too!

BluesKing777.

Yep, for the bird.

The stock case isn't quite the thing. I mean it wouldn't protect the bird from this and Gibson says it's not covered under warranty.

http://vid1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/m73251/Vids/Take_0026_zps0b0a5cb5.mp4

Yep, for the bird.

The stock case isn't quite the thing. I mean it wouldn't protect the bird from this and Gibson says it's not covered under warranty.

http://vid1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/m73251/Vids/Take_0026_zps0b0a5cb5.mp4

Yikes, nothing but feathers left! [confused]

Elderly (no affiliation, unfortunately!) - link says thay have a dread case Pro II in stock now - better get one before the missile comes.

BluesKing777.

Archived