Gibson Brands Forums

? on colors of Les Pauls.

kissarmy1

Why dose Gibson not make more solid colors available on Les Paul's. Like the studio model is available in white so why are other versions of the Les Paul not come in white or more solid colors. May be a dumb question just wondering why.

Gibson employs a small staff of Institutional & Organizational (IO) psychologists who spend a great deal of time studying the ebb and flow of popular consumer opinion regarding guitar coloration.

And then, accordingly, the upper management issues edicts to the design and production staff regarding guitar colors, fit, and finish.

Sometimes they get it just right, and, on other occasions, they miss by a mile.

But that's why we play all four quarters.

Hits:

Transparent Cherry

Natural

Sunburst

Tobacco Sunburst

Ebony

Misses:

Silverburst

Swimmingpool Aqua

Goth Matte Black

Unfortunate Experiments That Tanked:

Vomitburst

Baby-$hit Green-burst

Hello Kitty Harking-up A Fur-Ball Pink

and

"My Ex Wife Caught Me Sneaking-in Late Porch Light White"

[crying][unsure][scared]

bigDSCN8671.jpg

From the new 2017 line... the flat tops are the LP Custom Special and the one with the bevelled edge is called an M2

http://www.pmtonline...s-now-for-sale/

theres a thread

http://forum.gibson....s-and-pictures/

That's ridiculously f**cking cool and now I want one of each and a green Classic. It's gonna be an expensive year...

Newer colors have been making their way into the product line. It seems at least that the newer colors are geared more towards lesser expensive models and a younger generation. While the more expensive guitars are finished in more traditional colors. There are certainly exceptions to this. I've seen Customs in Pelham Blue and Lime Green Burst, however, most Customs are going to be ebony, alpine white, wine red, tobacco burst, etc. that are more well known and accepted. Youngsters are not likely going to be putting down several grand on a new Custom. Older players are more likely going to be the ones doing that.

Gibson is trying to walk a fine line by trying to attract younger customers with new things while not alienating their older customers who want things to stay the way they are. Change comes slowly.

Newer colors have been making their way into the product line. It seems at least that the newer colors are geared more towards lesser expensive models and a younger generation. While the more expensive guitars are finished in more traditional colors. There are certainly exceptions to this. I've seen Customs in Pelham Blue and Lime Green Burst, however, most Customs are going to be ebony, alpine white, wine red, tobacco burst, etc. that are more well known and accepted. Youngsters are not likely going to be putting down several grand on a new Custom. Older players are more likely going to be the ones doing that.

Gibson is trying to walk a fine line by trying to attract younger customers with new things while not alienating their older customers who want things to stay the way they are. Change comes slowly.

Well put sir [thumbup]

And indeed as I have said many times.. Gibson are in a hard situation.. They try something new and everyone moans that they aren't REAL Gibsons since they aren't traditional.. they make traditional ones and everyone moans that, that's all they do... They cant win really...

But I like the way you put it.. The old guys want the classic style and the younger ones just want a Gibson.. any Gibson :)

Well put sir [thumbup]

And indeed as I have said many times.. Gibson are in a hard situation.. They try something new and everyone moans that they aren't REAL Gibsons since they aren't traditional.. they make traditional ones and everyone moans that, that's all they do... They cant win really...

But I like the way you put it.. The old guys want the classic style and the younger ones just want a Gibson.. any Gibson :)

Thank you kindly! :)

Yup, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Also, folks don't realize how tough it is to make different guitars and the costs involved in retooling for a different production run.

Archived