Gibson Brands Forums

Modern Gibson Bridge Pin Size?

thegreatgumbino

I have a 2015 Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Supreme. I'd like to have the bridge slotted and install Antique Acoustics non slotted bridge pins. Looking at the information on the Elderly website, there are two options for sizes. Unfortunately, I dropped the guitar off at the tech's earlier and forgot to measure the pins. I find in several places online that Gibson uses size 2A pins in modern Gibsons, which would match the 5.6mm cone diameter of the Antique Acoustics pins. I see on AGF another post that says post 1995 Gibson uses Size 1. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Either way, I don't know which of the cap diameters they used.

1) 7.6 mm head diameter, 5.6 mm cone diameter & 5 degree taper

2) 8.1 mm head diameter, 5.6 mm cone diameter & 5 degree taper

I realize we're talking small differences in cap size, but I wanted to ask before ordering and missing something. I suppose ordering the smaller of the two would probably be the safe bet as long as it's a 5 degree taper.

]I own a 2015 J45 that I started to take out regularly after the initial newness faded . I needed a spare set of bridge pins for her so I found like you a lot of confusion regarding the correct size . I contacted Gibson who then kindly sent me to the UK 2 sets of bridge pins FOC this above diagram was sent to me from Gibson service Europe . Hope this helps

]I own a 2015 J45 that I started to take out regularly after the initial newness faded . I needed a spare set of bridge pins for her so I found like you a lot of confusion regarding the correct size . I contacted Gibson who then kindly sent me to the UK 2 sets of bridge pins FOC this above diagram was sent to me from Gibson service Europe . Hope this helps

Wow, I assume the pins came from Gibson Europe. You are lucky if you even get a response to an email from Gibson USA!

Wow, I assume the pins came from Gibson Europe. You are lucky if you even get a response to an email from Gibson USA!

Archived