Gibson Brands Forums

Desert thing,...live stuff...

'Scales

Haven't noticed any comments (though I may have missed it) but quite a lot of 'Full Concerts' up on the tube now from the gigs the other day. I'll probably have a look at the Stones first, but if you've seen any of it what do you reckon?

Well, here's my two cents, as a "local" so to speak, and a baby boomer.

Number One, there really wasn't anyone on the bill I wanted to see,

Number Two, the average age of the attendees was going to be mid 50's (it's been called "oldchella" as opposed to Coachella and I'll admit that I don't like crowds as much as I used to.

Number Three, if you could even find one within a decent range a hotel room was going for $600 - $800 per night

Add that to the cost of the tix, meals, etc. and well...

I'm thinking I'll just sit at home and wait thank you. I can fast forward to whatever I don't want to see (which would be most of it). My two cents only and YMMV.

Finally watched (most of) the Stones. A couple of things occurred to me:

1. It seemed more of a struggle than the 50th anniversary tour shows a couple of years back, then again it was outdoors, using someone else's PA (I assume) and with a bit different crowd (as per others' points made).

2. The old blues number off their upcoming album was pretty cool - maybe the album could be just right at this point in their career.

Still rocking along at any rate, particularly Ronnie [thumbup]

I might watch the Dylan concert next.

1476827892[/url]' post='1806812']

Well, here's my two cents, as a "local" so to speak, and a baby boomer.

Number One, there really wasn't anyone on the bill I wanted to see,

Number Two, the average age of the attendees was going to be mid 50's (it's been called "oldchella" as opposed to Coachella and I'll admit that I don't like crowds as much as I used to.

Number Three, if you could even find one within a decent range a hotel room was going for $600 - $800 per night

Add that to the cost of the tix, meals, etc. and well...

I'm thinking I'll just sit at home and wait thank you. I can fast forward to whatever I don't want to see (which would be most of it). My two cents only and YMMV.

Aren't those hotel prices getting ridiculous? Deb and I have seen some as high as a months rent for overnight! msp_scared.gif No thanks.

Archived