Gibson Brands Forums

never thought I'd do this.... (Thalia Capo content).

kidblast

just ordered a Thalia capo...

I've been using Kysers for ever and a century or 2. I couldn't conceive spending more than 20 bucks for a capo.. but yet, here I am.. actually I've been interested in what these are all about since they were introduced.

Since they include a 7 radius pads, as well as partial kits, I also ordered a partial kit.

is this considered capo gas???? do I get to have a NCD (new capo day) questions, questions, questions..

anyone else use these?

just ordered a Thalia capo...

I've been using Kysers for ever and a century or 2. I couldn't conceive spending more than 20 bucks for a capo.. but yet, here I am.. actually I've been interested in what these are all about since they were introduced.

Since they include a 7 radius pads, as well as partial kits, I also ordered a partial kit.

is this considered capo gas???? do I get to have a NCD (new capo day) questions, questions, questions..

anyone else use these?

A definitive yes to questions 1 and 2.

If you do a search someone on here got one in the past few months and did a comprehensive review of it.

Video and everything if I remember

Anyone know who it was and kidblast can do a search

I suppose a Thalia search would work !

Hold on! I have the title taped to the refrigerator, next to where the cased guitar is leaning - hee hee, ho ho, ha ha😆

Yea I got one. Still deciding if it's a "good" for me item. They are very elegant in design and their inlay options are numorus.

When I first received it my first thought was "they are heavy" noticeably IMO.

I have been using a G7 for awhile now so it will take some time before I decide if it's more then just a fantastic "looking" and well built capo.

Applying it from the bass side so far it's a little awkward for me to manipulate but it may be just a process to be learned.

I'm still deciding if I got a capo or a pretty face...

Jmhofwiw

B)

Hold on! I have the title taped to the refrigerator, next to where the cased guitar is leaning - hee hee, ho ho, ha ha

oh man!! we're in rare form today! LOL!

I use a capo for Landslide. Which is to say that since I haven't had a lady singer in...20 years, I don't use a capo.

so you keep it in the same box as you keep your strat's trem arm I spose then huh????

If you do a search someone on here got one in the past few months and did a comprehensive review of it.

Video and everything if I remember

Anyone know who it was and kidblast can do a search

I suppose a Thalia search would work !

yes, now that you mention it Stu..

I think this is it..

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/130505-thalia-capo/page__p__1768984__hl__thalia__fromsearch__1#entry1768984

I will glance over it again,...

I'll post some thoughts when it arrives. I tend to use a capo (and not just 1 at a time) quite a bit.

Hold on! I have the title taped to the refrigerator, next to where the cased guitar is leaning - hee hee, ho ho, ha ha

oh man!! we're in rare form today! LOL!

I use a capo for Landslide. Which is to say that since I haven't had a lady singer in...20 years, I don't use a capo.

so you keep it in the same box as you keep your strat's trem arm I spose then huh????

Hey I used the trem this past weekend! Outdoor thingy, some Hendrix. Back to tele as soon as that song over. I'm taking Les Paul and Strat this weekend, I intend to use the trem even more. A renaissance man I am.

rct

Thing with this capo is it's curb appeal and the customization options. They are certainly pretty but no more functional than anything else out there. I bought a G7 a month back, figuring the one handed operation was a good feature. After a day's use I tossed it in the odds & ends box and went back to the Paige. Don't know about the Thalia but the G7, of very similar design and function, didn't function so well for me. If I squeezed it tight enough to get all the strings fretted well it pulled the low E and A way sharp, requiring retuning, which ain't cool in my book. The old stirrup design Paige takes two hands to set in place but it's tension is infinitely adjustable and the guitar doesn't need retuning. But.........to each his own. I hope it's all you want it to be! [thumbup]

I use kysers a lot, I can't imagine anything that would put more "squeeze" on than one of those.

position is key i think, closer to the fret the better.

anyway what interested me more than anything, (yea, they are purty) is the snap in pads for the proper neck radius and they're supposed to slide along the neck instead of taking the kyser off, and re-positioning. we'll see....

I intend to use the trem even more. A renaissance man I am.

we can only assume the riffage will be more than bombastic, while at moments, reaching epic sonic territories....

I'm shootin fer Volcanic.

rct

I started a thread on the Thalia Capo a while back:

Thalia Capo

and I did an unboxing of the one I ordered as a gift to myself for Father's Day last June

Unboxing Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08YnQNd6SE

I use the capo a lot now as I mostly switch between my SJ200 (12"), my Martin 000-17sm (16") and my Taylor 814ce (15"). I'm finding I can never remember these numbers, so I'm marking each of the fretpads with G, M and T so I can swap them without having to look at the chart.

... and before I get more comments on the video.... NO I"M NOT USING THE CAPO UPSIDE DOWN!!!

Looks like not-a-bad-deal if one uses numerous different capos for different tunings, etc. Looks pretty specialized and if you can really use it, then why not? Otherwise, it's a lot of money for a capo. Also, I don't know why it's such a big deal that you can use it with one hand. You can do that with literally any spring-trigger capo.

Also, I don't know why it's such a big deal that you can use it with one hand. You can do that with literally any spring-trigger capo.

Actually no.. you can move these very quickly and with the way the pads are designed, you can almost most not even stop playing. I saw a vid out on he tube where a guy was playing a 12 bar blues progression, he was just proving a point in the clutch and the way the capo id designed. No one would do this normally, but it was a good demonstration.

The Thalia (horrid name if your name is Sandy and you have a lisp... [smile] ) but very stylish look.

!LOL!

Archived