Gibson Brands Forums

A Plethora of RabsWoods

Rabs

Love the blue dc. Each guitar very classy. What pickups do you generally use in the

Ohh what ever I can get :)

So far I have used Gibson on 2 of them (mini humbuckers and P90s for the blue one).. Then I have humbucker sized P90s with the black face and silver trim.. One I got from a company called AxesRus and the others are Vanson.. and let me tell you, they sound frikken great... (I have videos if you want to look).... The full sized hummers are also from AxesRus I think they were called late 50s or something.. they also sound really good, nice and clear...

Quite impressive looks, Rabs! [thumbup]

When about those ready for playing, I think I'd try the one with full-size humbuckers first.

Haha, yeah I seem to have a sub conscious thing for P90s :).. I need some more with full hummers on them....

And thanks all for the comments.. I will be showing these to the public this weekend so lets hope they think the same thing :unsure: :)

Have you checked they will all fit in the car Rabs? (Yeah, it's the small details [biggrin] )

Just doing the show will be a fine achievement in itself and I'm sure people will treat you nicely. [thumbup]

Did you sell the Tele model? It was pretty cool.

Go well!

Have you checked they will all fit in the car Rabs? (Yeah, it's the small details [biggrin] )

Just doing the show will be a fine achievement in itself and I'm sure people will treat you nicely. [thumbup]

Did you sell the Tele model? It was pretty cool.

Go well!

Thanks... And yeah even just getting the general reaction towards my guitars will be cool.....

And do you mean this one

DSC01661_zpsaczurvtj.jpg

No.. Not sold any yet.. Theres that guitar and two others that arnt in that picture of them all.. I just didn't have them with me today..

Those look great - best of luck at the show!

P.S.

You've been really busy, haven't you?

Cheers.. And yeah, the last few weeks especially ive been at this non stop.. Little jobs keep coming up here and there that I need to get done before the weekend.. Almost there :)

Wow Rabs!, those really do look fantastic...if you ever do a guitar show around Yorkshire let me know, I'd like to try some of those out for sure.

Thank you :)

Well you never know.. the people who are organising this show are called Northern Guitar Shows, and as the name states they usually do them up north and have been doing it for 19 years this is their first London one check their site http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/

So it really all depends on what happens this weekend... I have another show booked in February which is in Birmingham, probably one of the bigger shows too, I went along to this years one just to have a look and it was pretty cool actually...

Best of luck to you, Rabs! [thumbup] I hope putting up with parting with some of your makes will come easy to you finally :unsure:

Cheers :)

And you know what... That walnut top one, the one on the right in the top picture.. I played it this week for the first time, I did actually consider keeping it for myself :)

But I don't really consider these my guitars, just guitars I have built.. If one of the guitars I have made can help make someone happy and help bring more music in to the world, that means a lot to me too.. Its why im doing this.. I love guitars and music, and being part of it even in this small way is cool..... and if it works and I manage to make a living doing this, well that would be an incredible gift....

And you know what... That walnut top one, the one on the right in the top picture.. I played it this week for the first time, I did actually consider keeping it for myself :)

But I don't really consider these my guitars, just guitars I have built.. If one of the guitars I have made can help make someone happy and help bring more music in to the world, that means a lot to me too.. Its why im doing this.. I love guitars and music, and being part of it even in this small way is cool..... and if it works and I manage to make a living doing this, well that would be an incredible gift....

Very good attitude, Rabs! [thumbup]

Staying with some as reward and keepsake is fine for sure, too. This may make you empathise how other folks have fun playing your creations! :-({|=[biggrin]

The very best fortune this weekend, Rabs. They're looking great!

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

I REALLY wish I could be there to try them out and so on but I'll be up in Cumbria. Very Bad Timing concerning school holidays.

...That walnut top one....I did actually consider keeping it for myself....

Not my place to say so but if I were you I'd definitely keep either the very first you made or at the very least your favourite from the first batch.

Pip.

The very best fortune this weekend, Rabs. They're looking great!

Not my place to say so but if I were you I'd definitely keep either the very first you made or at the very least your favourite from the first batch.

Pip.

Cheers man.. I really do appreciate all the wishes and support.. It really does make a difference.

And no, the very first playable guitar is not on sale.. Mainly cos its not quite good enough.. So I will keep it.... I have the body but took the pickups out to use on another guitar (Searcys pickups)...

Maybe I will go back to it one day when I have the time and fix it up :)

Really though. I made these to sell (if I can).. After all, now I know how, I can just make myself anything I want :)... the Rabs's Perfect Guitar project will come at some point... I just need to get through this show at the moment and get some feel of what the situation is.. that's the important thing. If it goes well, then there will be more plans..

1476910505[/url]' post='1807088']

These turned out awesome. I like several and that walnut top is one. The half and half still looks great too. I saw this post on Facebook today. By the way, when I did paintings for folks, there were lots of paintings I had a great deal of time in that I'd like to keep but sold them anyway. So I took photographs of them all and one I took to a copy place and made a CD of it so I had a paper copy I framed. It's downstairs hanging in the family room. Couldn't believe the guys at work that wanted a copy of that so I limited it to 10 copy's I sold then stopped. Best wishes for you Rabs, truly hope you do well.

Archived