Gibson Brands Forums

Just got a Sheraton II Pro... WOW!

williu

Previously I had a Dot Deluxe which was simply stunning with its flame top, but the sound just wasn't good enough so I itching to try out a Sheraton II Pro with Probuckers. And I have to say, the quality and feel of the guitar is just spectacular. As someone who has owned a Gibson ES-335, I can say that this one blows the Gibby out of the water when it comes to overall feel. No question about it. The string height is super low with almost no buzz, and the Probuckers are really, really, really good and versatile. It just blew my mind how this guitar can be so good...

Anybody else have similar experiences with the Sheraton II Pro? Or older versions, for that matter.

Previously I had a Dot Deluxe which was simply stunning with its flame top, but the sound just wasn't good enough so I itching to try out a Sheraton II Pro with Probuckers. And I have to say, the quality and feel of the guitar is just spectacular. As someone who has owned a Gibson ES-335, I can say that this one blows the Gibby out of the water when it comes to overall feel. No question about it. The string height is super low with almost no buzz, and the Probuckers are really, really, really good and versatile. It just blew my mind how this guitar can be so good...

Anybody else have similar experiences with the Sheraton II Pro? Or older versions, for that matter.

[thumbup] We need pictures there Clamcakes or it didn't happen. People will think you're SG player gone undercover. [biggrin]

I got a Gibson ES 335 back in 1965. I eventually sold it to buy a bass (when rhythm guitar positions were being replaced by keyboardists). I bought my first Sheraton about 8 years ago and was pretty well blown away. I handled and played a 1960s Epiphone (made in Kalamazoo), and thought it was on a par with the Gibson.

I think Epiphone should have never discontinued the Sheraton Elitist model. Apparently too close to a Gibson at half the price.

Yes i have a blond one and i love it . i got it last year i have a Gibson 335 and it nice but i do like the epiphone but that may just be me .

Archived