Gibson Brands Forums

Now These Are Cool!

BluesKing777

Collings take on the old Oscar Schmidt Stella - Waterloo WL-S Deluxe:

Matt from Eddies Guitars:

Tom Feldmann:

I saw on the other forum that a guy was about to buy it at a guitar camp, went to get wallet, came back and Tom had 'borrowed' it to try and never brought it back! Bought it! Suits him very much.

BluesKing777.

Obviously apples to oranges, but I've been torn about getting a Waterloo or a J45 recently since I parted with an J45 Standard I couldn't bond with after a few years. Here's one of the best examples of a new Waterloo that I could find with Julian Lange:

Obviously apples to oranges, but I've been torn about getting a Waterloo or a J45 recently since I parted with an J45 Standard I couldn't bond with after a few years. Here's one of the best examples of a new Waterloo that I could find with Julian Lange:

I have seen that video when it came out - while he makes the guitar sound great, it is NOT a good enough guitar for him! Put me off one actually.

Here he plays a Collings Traditional Series, almost good enough!:

BluesKing777.

I have seen that video when it came out - while he makes the guitar sound great, it is NOT a good enough guitar for him! Put me off one actually.

Here he plays a Collings Traditional Series, almost good enough!:

BluesKing777.

I actually saw him for a quick minute when he sat in with Wilco for a few songs when they played San Francisco a few weeks ago. He was playing at SF Jazz that week. Was hoping to get to see him there but couldn't get away from work the rest of week to do so. He's such a great player.

I just noticed Music Villa posted a vid comparison of the Waterloo WL-K copy of a Kel Kryydon and a real Kel!

BluesKing777.

My Waterloo guitars have that dry sound, finger pick well with those strong chords that sound full. The WL-12 with its maple back and sides makes for a great backup guitar for old time fiddle and a great fingerpicker for rags, blues and those old Sam McGee type guitar pieces.

Archived