Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

RobertAndersson

Love me some Mesa's

101_1318_zpszof0dlbo.jpg

This one. I really like the look of this setup and would love to test it out!

Am most familiar with the Lone Star combo; reverb controls on back and extremely heavy....

Congrats Robert!

Thanks, those little mesa's make some HUGE sounds.

The Mark 5:25 coupled with that Rivera cab.........2x12 with Vintage 30's in a very deep closed back, is just killer.

With the strat, it gives an amazing "dirty" clean tone. The little spring reverb in those are great.

With a LP, you can dial in some dirt with the setting and the eq and it just screams.

Would not hesitate to take this to any gig. Plenty loud, and has the built in cabclone DI.

If I had to grab one of my amps to go into an unknown situation, this would be it. Load of versatility.

NHTom

Thanks guys!

Some of you made comments about my settings, remember that I only had it for a few days...

My band play mainly blues and blues rock. I found out that if you drive the clean channel with max gain and add the feature Mid boost, you get a really nice punchy bluesy tone, especially with the neck pickup.

On channel 2, I got great advice from the dealer. You can start by putting all tone controls to zero, then turn the gain up (in my case to low gain), listen to the sound, then turn the bass knob up. Just add a small piece of treble and mid. Wow, the sound really thickens up into heavy, creamy distortion. Very picking sensitive, gorgeous!

//Robert

Archived