Gibson Brands Forums

Polishing Herds

BluesKing777

To show polishing herds is ok, with all the bird do getting around, and to celebrate the apparent disappearance of the Euro Space Agency bird landing on Mars, I dragged out the Ebony Bird Copy with the 50s DeArmond pickup plugged to my Fishman Aura Spectrum DI with a Bird sound image and run to my Boss VE-8 for vocal and guitar mix - for a grungy acoustic/vocal version of Lou reed's "Perfect Day":

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/perfectday777a

(The little project started with Lou's "Satellite Of Love", but I liked the one above better.....)

BluesKing777.

Sounds good, well done! [thumbup]

However, a satellite of love would match Venus I think. Mars is more for satellites of war, at least when the old Romans are concerned. [blink]

To my guess the space agencies should polish their nerds rather than their herds ;)

Thanks Capmaster.

Maybe I should have played some 'thirds' for the nerds in the herds and their birds? [mellow]

Well, good and bad news - the bird copy sounds great with my old 50s soundhole pickup, but it isn't much to play. I think they made the body and neck identical sizes but put a rubbish bridge and a narrower nut that was lying around. So a new neck would be better, then a new body!

(I might surpise them at the Blues Open Mic, do a tune and then do my Pete Townshend smash it up act! [flapper] )

BluesKing777.

Thanks Capmaster.

Maybe I should have played some 'thirds' for the nerds in the herds and their birds? [mellow]

Well, good and bad news - the bird copy sounds great with my old 50s soundhole pickup, but it isn't much to play. I think they made the body and neck identical sizes but put a rubbish bridge and a narrower nut that was lying around. So a new neck would be better, then a new body!

(I might surpise them at the Blues Open Mic, do a tune and then do my Pete Townshend smash it up act! [flapper] )

BluesKing777.

[scared] What about replacing bridge and nut? Just asking... :unsure:

Archived