Gibson Brands Forums

Support issues....

Revgator

I have been trying to get resolution on repairing a Masterbilt DR-500MCE (back-up guitar) since July 2016, now I can not even get a reply from Customer Support - even if I start a new inquiry.

Back in July 2016, I walked into my office and found the bone saddle to my backup guitar (Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE) on the floor. The guitar was on a wall hook (only overnight, usually resides in the case), and the bridge had apparently cracked. Half of the bridge had broken completely off of the guitar, and half remained attached to the guitar body. I found the broken piece of bridge wood inside the sound hole - no broken strings or any other signs of damage (pics available). There are also no signs of dryness, or damage caused by either a lack of, or over-abundance of humidity (I live in Central Florida).

I make my living as a musician. I have been playing for almost 50 years, both recreationally and professionally, and have NEVER seen this occur before - Regardless of guitar build quality. However, things of this nature DO happen on occasion. However, I need this guitar in my arsenal. It has great sonic capabilities and versatility.

Does anyone have a better avenue to travel down towards resolution? I guess there is always the social media campaign...

(Masterlife Series guitars have a Lifetime limited warranty).

Archived