Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting on You

MorrisrownSal

Hey Buc...

It can... early on. Like the first two or three songs, when we kind of get out sound down, with one of us walking around the room to gauge the levels etc. Typically these gigs have more songs that folks want to sing along with, or be reminded of what they listened to growing up. We occasionally do restaurant gigs, where the music is more background, and a song like this probably fits in better there. This was our set list last night, at a Octoberfest beer taster/party:

And from today's local online paper... https://www.tapinto.net/towns/chatham/articles/chatham-celebrates-its-history-by-toasting-its-pr

How Sweet It Is

Tequila Sunrise

50 Ways

Dock of the Bay

Sittin Waitin Wishin

More of You

The Letter

Sweet Melissa

Dont Mess Arnd Jim

Brown Eyed Girl

LongHaired Ctry Boy

Solitary Man

Shame On The Moon

Cant You See

Susie Q

Everybody's Talking

Wild Horses

Friend of Devil

Growing Up

Drift Away

Margaritaville

Nobody Knows You

Revolution

Toes

Love The One Ur With

America

Folsom Prison Blues

On The Road Again

Times Like These

Amy

Flagship

Just Breathe

Doctor My Eyes

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Who'll Stop The Rain

Gracefully Facedown

Old No 7

Lookin Out Back Door

Pink Cadillac

Roller Derby Queen

Willing

Nothing But Time

The Weight

Little Sister

Extras

Hide Your Love Away

Moondance

Whiskey and You

Traveler

Sunshine

Rocket Man

Layla

Proud Mary

Ventura Highway

Into The Mystic

Cant you see

Take It Easy

Songs Sang Shower

Dead Flowers

Take It Easy

I enjoyed the song very much. The guitar sounded very full, and so did your voice. You seem to be able to jump between songs and styles with ease. I hope to get there one day.

By the way, what decides if a song gets the white cap, or not? This one did! [biggrin] Maybe it's like a Johnny Cash thing. He only credited songs he thought worthy to "JR Cash", other songs got "John R Cash".

Lars

Thank ye again.....

Mick.. I am in such an awesome Gibson place. I love my J50 and I love this Bird. I did just spring for some of those D'Addario Nickel Bronze strings, and when they come I am going to try them out on both guitars. I got both lights, and lights with the beefier low end...

I love my J50 and I love this Bird. I did just spring for some of those D'Addario Nickel Bronze strings, and when they come I am going to try them out on both guitars.

Yes, the Bird sounds like gold. And the 50 rests so loose and genuine in itself. Two champs.

Though skeptical, I look forward to hear an A/B with N/B's. But please let them fall a bit before recording.

Archived