Gibson Brands Forums

D'addario Nickel Bronze Strings

58 Relic

Thought I'd post this due to my latest string change . I bought a few weeks ago a upgrade tin of 2 sets of EJ16s and 1 set of the new Nickel Bronze 12-53 . I put the Nickel Bronze on my J45 standard and noticed an increase in the following .Volume , Sustain , Mid response and Clarity the only point that takes some getting used to is the colour of the strings ( silver rather than bronze) but the sound is fantastic . The tension also feels slightly lower and the feel of the strings is smoother , in fact the wound G looks almost like a plain string . In fact today I've ordered another upgrade tin with another set . I know strings are a personal thing but I highly recommend these

A new set of fresh strings always reinvigorates a guitar. D'Addario's nickel bronze are uncoated, top-of-the-line strings, but that's to be expected from D'Addario especially in that price range. In terms of tone, they are brighter than phosphor bronze, with less string tension, but darker than 80/20. Overall I found them to be excellent, satisfying strings, but a little too bright for my taste. They last about twice as long as uncoated phosphor bronze strings.

da_prod_nb1047_main_1.jpg

Archived