Gibson Brands Forums

List your recording setup when you post links to songs...

sbpark

With so many here posting links to their music, be it covers, originals, etc., I think it would be interesting, educational and just plain cool for people to start including what they used to record as far as signal path (mic chose, preamp, interface, etc.) and what type of guitar was used. This obviously isn't any kind of complaint thread, I just think it would be fun and informative to know what people used. What do you all think?

With so many here posting links to their music, be it covers, originals, etc., I think it would be interesting, educational and just plain cool for people to start including what they used to record as far as signal path (mic chose, preamp, interface, etc.) and what type of guitar was used.

Yeah, I could sure use some recording pointers. My latest recording is a 'tone test' of the (gorgeous msp_smile.gif ) Guild F50R rosewood spruce 6-string I just acquired. I plugged it straight into a Scarlett 2i2 interface and onto a track in cubase, to which I later added some EQ. I usually like adding a rhythm track out of my Yamaha Motif XS7, but good, applicable ones are hard to find, and this one doesn't really make it. Anyway, rhythm usually goes straight into the Scarlett onto its own track, recorded first, separately. Fills can be cut and pasted. Of course I got carried away and added a track of this crazy piano preset from the Motif. That just goes in through the Scarlett as well. No post-processing needed. I'm calling it rosewood.

Archived