Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Drog

Came across this ES-349 in walnut and fell in love. The neck is so comfortable and she plays like butter. How could I resist, lol.

Here she is and also a picture to show the size difference. She is slightly larger than a Les Paul, but weighs about the same. The maple centre block makes her heavy.

IMG_0741_zpsxwcbc6o6.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsjnvkfoz8.jpg

Wow, she's a beauty! Congrats.

I love walnut finishes on hollow and semi hollow bodies. In college I had a walnut Epiphone EA 225 and that cemented my love for that color.

Can I make a suggestion? Witch hat knobs would look killer on her; very vintage.

Wow, she's a beauty! Congrats.

I love walnut finishes on hollow and semi hollow bodies. In college I had a walnut Epiphone EA 225 and that cemented my love for that color.

Can I make a suggestion? Witch hat knobs would look killer on her; very vintage.

I was thinking the same thing. This model is smaller than a 335 though. The larger diameter of the witch hats may cover up part of the lower f-hole

Woah! That's a beauty. Never tried a 349 myself, but must get around to it someday. Walnut is possibly my favourite finish for a guitar. I'm still on a quest to eventually have finances and an ES 345 or 355 in walnut/ trans brown line up.

Came across this ES-349 in walnut and fell in love. The neck is so comfortable and she plays like butter. How could I resist, lol.

Here she is and also a picture to show the size difference. She is slightly larger than a Les Paul, but weighs about the same. The maple centre block makes her heavy.

Did you do the top wrapping or did she come like that?

Did you do the top wrapping or did she come like that?

I did the top wrap, it did not come that way. I double up on the ball end so you don't have the bend where the string winds onto itself. Usually the ball ends don't stick out like they do with this tailpiece.

I did the top wrap, it did not come that way. I double up on the ball end so you don't have the bend where the string winds onto itself. Usually the ball ends don't stick out like they do with this tailpiece.

While obviously its your guitar and you can do what you want.. Id be a bit worried about the gold hardware... Its pretty famous for wearing off in normal use... Top wrapping will probably be worse.. BUT if you don't mind that, then its all good :)

Either way, that's a small detail on a beautiful guitar..

It just doesn't look quite right.

I don't know.

It's hard to put my finger on it.

Say, why don't you send that guitar to me, and let me check it out, so's I can figure out what's wrong with it.

I promise that I will be thoroughly-professional, and (as a registered Guitar Whisperer) I can suss it all out, and make things right.

I'm PM'ing my home address.

You can thank me later.

[unsure] :unsure: [crying][scared]

Archived