Gibson Brands Forums

Goldtop repair

Hi. I've just bought a 2011 Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute with the gold top. Its got few small dents that haven't broken the finish, but look unsightly. What's the best way to repair? Can I get a tough-up pen like for the car? Should I just ignore?

Cheers.

While I don't care for "factory relic'd" guitars, I love the REAL "mojo," of an honestly loved and played guitar, that has honest "battle scars,"

and either knowing the stories behind each and every one of those "scars" (in the case of my own guitars), or hearing about them, from others.

Factory relic'd seems like short-changing, or cheating, to me. But, that's just Me.

So, I'd say ignore the dents, and play the heck out of it, and relish the honest wear and tear it will inevitably obtain. That's REAL "Mojo!" [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Hi. I've just bought a 2011 Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute with the gold top. Its got few small dents that haven't broken the finish, but look unsightly. What's the best way to repair? Can I get a tough-up pen like for the car? Should I just ignore?

Cheers.

Like I already posted into your introduction topic, we need to see PICS [love][drool][biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...

sign up for a free photobucket account, and upload pics there, when viewing an uploaded pick, click the IMG link to the right of the picture (yellow box with several links)

paste your link in an edit window in the forum and save.

Archived