Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2017 SG Standard T

slk

I am seriously thinking of getting one of these new SG's. Couple of questions? Do they have the neck joint on these so there should be no issues. I have heard lots of talk about the neck joints on the SG's thus the reason for asking. I played a 2016 SG and really liked the playability. Is the 2017 much different? No one seams to have the 2017's hanging on the wall in the shops yet so I can't try one for myself. Thanks for any insight on the 2017 Standard T models.

Steve

Why not check Gibson's 2017 SG Standard T product specs page? They've got all the…

Oh, wait… never mind. They're still "Coming Soon".

[thumbdn]

I just picked up a 2017 Standard Gold Series in Alpine White... plays like a dream, slim taper neck is nice and fast. 57 Classic pickups are crisp and punchy. Overall great guitar! I ordered a black one to go with it as well. GC has them available, check out the link for specs, etc.

2017 SG @ GC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I pulled the trigger on one today in Heritage Cherry from Sweetwater. They are expecting some in soon. That is about all can get out of them at the moment. Late Nov. or mid Dec.

Steve

Congrats! I grabbed a 2017 in black about 2 weeks ago also from Sweetwater. I have bought tons of stuff from Sweetwater, great place to deal with every time! Loving the axe so far... It's tuned in C# to play Black Sabbath with .010-.052's. It's a beast!

Archived