Gibson Brands Forums

Melody maker

iluvcrap2000

I was watching a old Guitar Rig W/joan jett and the tech said they are coming out with a new Melody Maker(red burst), This was 2015, and I saw nothing in the past few years. so Wondering when it's gonna be released?

Can't say for definite, but it's unlikely to be this year given that Gibson are also introducing the 'S' range, alongside the 'T' and 'HP'. This has some Les Paul like guitars at the same price point you'd see a Melody Maker model, so I don't think they'd flood us with another instrument at this finance level. It's possible that a special / limited run model might be coming out, but I highly doubt anything will be seen in the standard lines.

Can't say for definite, but it's unlikely to be this year given that Gibson are also introducing the 'S' range, alongside the 'T' and 'HP'. This has some Les Paul like guitars at the same price point you'd see a Melody Maker model, so I don't think they'd flood us with another instrument at this finance level. It's possible that a special / limited run model might be coming out, but I highly doubt anything will be seen in the standard lines.

Don't like the "S" Range. Probably get more value going to Epi than and "S" guitar. Want Gibson to comeout with discountinued models that people want. The only company that has a similar "Body" guitar is Slick/GuitarFetish but only in p-90 versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Gibson sort of released a new Melody Maker, the Gibson M2. This is an Amazon exclusive currently. They run $499. The guitar is part of the S series. I got an open box one in the Strawberry Milk color and I am way less than impressed. The bridge is horrid. The pickups are ProBuckers (Epiphone) and the hardware is poor. This is more like an Epiphone Les Paul Special II at four times the price.

Gibson sort of released a new Melody Maker, the Gibson M2. This is an Amazon exclusive currently. They run $499. The guitar is part of the S series. I got an open box one in the Strawberry Milk color and I am way less than impressed. The bridge is horrid. The pickups are ProBuckers (Epiphone) and the hardware is poor. This is more like an Epiphone Les Paul Special II at four times the price.

I didn't even know they made that model, if they bring back the Melody Maker it has to be like this:

21da0714-22f5-4172-8198-a16708d981d8.png

Probuckers don't compare to the raw tone of that single coil in the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even know they made that model, if they bring back the Melody Maker it has to be like this:

21da0714-22f5-4172-8198-a16708d981d8.png

Probuckers don't compare to the raw tone of that single coil in the bridge.

and Amazon has the M2's on sale NOW for High $200 range. Thinking about it but, nah, I have a Firebird and a LP standard, why bother downgrading though. The M2's aren't even on the website.

Archived