Gibson Brands Forums

Doctor recommends SG!

dylumph

For MANY years I played Les Pauls. I LOVE them. I've always LOVED SGs too. My L-6 vertibrae went out on me. My back Dr. gave me shots of cortizone that got me through a year. He finally said I needed surgury. I told him I was having a hard time playing my guitar. Him- "You play Les Pauls?" Me- "Yeah,most of the time." Him- "I bet you play customs, with the damage I see on your MRI." Me-"Yep!" Him-"Until you have your surgury, Find a SG." I said,"I have three" Any with P-90s?" Me "Yes, a Pete Townshend Reissue." Him- "They taught "Les Paul back" at medical school and the SG is the #1 recommendation for Gibson purist. Which I understand completly!"----This guy WILL do my surgury!

I know the feeling. I've had chronic lower back problems for years (Degenerative Disk Disease in L1-L5, Spinal Stenosis and Osteoarthritis) and middle back problems (bone spurs and Scoliosis). I've managed to avoid the knife so far with Cortisone injections, but I don't how much longer my luck will hold out. I also had knee surgery back in August (my fourth) and at the same time was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis, which is aggravating the Osteoarthritis in my lower back, both knees, both hips and is also wreaking havoc with both shoulders. At the moment, I'm not playing out or playing standing up so I can still play my Les Pauls. But I'm sure if/when I'm back in a band, I will be spending much more quality time with my two SGs.

Archived