Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your amps!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FullSizeRender1_zpsqku0cz47.jpg

This is my 1964 Fender Bandmaster

Bought it new in 1964 for $199.00 with the leather covers and caster wheels at $40.00

It is all original with original tubes.

It was set to be on display at the Fender museum in Corona Ca, but I moved before I was able to drop it off at the museum.

New 1x15 cabinet -

16998834_1227383030713699_4511289071029542637_n.jpg?oh=88a260acefd79ace15c67c42e9f9f40f&oe=593180E2

Very nice!! Did you go with another Weber speaker? I got the same grill cloth for my 5e3 and revibe builds [thumbup]

FullSizeRender1_zpsqku0cz47.jpg

This is my 1964 Fender Bandmaster

Bought it new in 1964 for $199.00 with the leather covers and caster wheels at $40.00

It is all original with original tubes.

It was set to be on display at the Fender museum in Corona Ca, but I moved before I was able to drop it off at the museum.

This has gotta be the best post in the thread so far. Awesome amp Bill, it's really impressive how nicely you've taken care of it

Very nice!! Did you go with another Weber speaker? I got the same grill cloth for my 5e3 and revibe builds [thumbup]

This has gotta be the best post in the thread so far. Awesome amp Bill, it's really impressive how nicely you've taken care of it

Thank you Travis,

It has been a great amp.

When I was in the group in the early 60s through the early 70s , we were playing 7 nights a week for well over a year, then cut back to 5-6 nights a week for a very long time and the amp never once gave me a bit of trouble . I have not been able to use it in over 5 years now due to a bad hand, but once in a while some friends will stop by and I will let them use it with one of my guitars, and it still sounds as good as ever.

Thank you Travis,

It has been a great amp.

When I was in the group in the early 60s through the early 70s , we were playing 7 nights a week for well over a year, then cut back to 5-6 nights a week for a very long time and the amp never once gave me a bit of trouble . I have not been able to use it in over 5 years now due to a bad hand, but once in a while some friends will stop by and I will let them use it with one of my guitars, and it still sounds as good as ever.

You think any of the Chinese made amps they're selling at Guitar Center these days will last 50+ years without an issue?? I don't think so!!!

I have an older brother that had a stroke and can't play anymore, so I really empathize with that. Sorry buddy

Yes! - A Vintage series 15F150-B. It's a low sensitivity speaker that lets the amp breathe real nice. Weber speakers are just pretty much the BEST almost without exception.

That's good to read!! I've been looking at their alnico Blue Dog for my ac30 rebuild. Have you had a chance to compare one of those to a Celestion alnico blue?

New 1x15 cabinet -

16998834_1227383030713699_4511289071029542637_n.jpg?oh=88a260acefd79ace15c67c42e9f9f40f&oe=593180E2

Very nice indeed.

I'd like a 1 x 15"; once owned a big old 15" Vox cab which was built like a tank and very heavy but...great sound.

A few yrs back I put a Weber 8" (ceramic) in my Vibro-Champ; vast improvement!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amps_zps60rpx5df.jpg

Amps in picture: Randall RH150 150W half stack, Marshall MG100DFX 100W combo (usually hooked into the Randall cabinet behind it). Plus Snark tuner, DOD Stereo Chorus, cables on top of Marshall, Les Paul hiding away in case.

Amps not in pictures: Crate 1x12 combo (I can't remember the model number but will post later) and Fender Mustang I (will post later). I'll edit this post and add them.

Previous amps: Fender Twin Reverb (Died - I miss this amp the most), Peavey Bandit 65 (sold), Randall RG120 Head and 4x12 cabinet, later added another 4x12 for full stack - sold to a friend) and there was another really small amp sort of like a Pignose that I used to have just for practice amp (It was effective for those times that I didn't feel like going full throttle through the Randall or while in hotel rooms.

Future amps: Probably a Marshall half stack of some sort is in the future and another Twin Reverb, since I just liked it that much. I'd love to have a couple of full tube amps.

Archived