Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your amps!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a Bass V-Amp PRO. Did you ever replace the RAM buffer battery? The desktop versions have a CR2032. I never opened up the 19" PRO version and don't have a clue where it is located.

You crack me up.

rct

You crack me up.

rct

My desktop V-Amps were made in 2001 and 2002, and I think I replaced the batteries circa 2009 to be safe. But whatever - at work the CR2032 in the IBM computer of a Fette tabletting machine lasted over 14 years despite of being rated only half of it. I'm not kidding.

Where to begin...

Nice amps everybody! Some nice guitars too, love that Ric 360/12

Pup, you still got that little epiphone that snuck in another pic? Got any gut photos?

Rct you still got that Princeton Recording?

I do! I run it into a 2x12 Vintage Modified Bandmaster cab they call it, mic the single up in the Prince Tone, one for the two on the bottom, and take the DI also. Can be made to sound Yuge.

rct

Some cool amps for sure, Love to hear some of these..

For me, here's most of them...

Marshall JTM60 and 2x12 cab

20161115_142246_zpsk7ifjzei.jpg

GA30RVS (front)

front_zpshmqxprlq.jpg

(back)

back-closed_zpsn0iabfdm.jpg

Mustang III v1

IMG_5068.jpg

Mustang IV v1

20161115_142311_zpshw2maoqu.jpg

Acoustasonic JR

20161115_142625_zpsk7w063ir.jpg

Missing from photos-- a 4x10 Fender HR Deville HotRod.

My desktop V-Amps were made in 2001 and 2002, and I think I replaced the batteries circa 2009 to be safe. But whatever - at work the CR2032 in the IBM computer of a Fette tabletting machine lasted over 14 years despite of being rated only half of it. I'm not kidding.

I have never had them open, and I've never used them as clocks so I probably would not be aware of any battery issues would I?

rct

Some lovely stuff shown so far!

Here - it's a 10-yr old pic but anyway:

On left - Fender Vibro Champ (with Weber 8"speaker), Park MV100 (Trainwreck mod), Fender Dual Showman (135w, modded to pentode from ultra-linear).

On right - Fender Super 60, Fender Twin II. Both Rivera designs.

Sold the Aerodyne Strat on right shortly after buying it! Looked great but too light, didn't get along with the narrow neck radius.

Fenders003.jpg

Not shown - Roland Micro-Cube, Vox AC10 amp head in homemade box...another story.

OK Dub? Must update my amp pics sometime.

Regards to all!

...Fender Dual Showman (135w, modded to pentode from ultra-linear)...

Awesome! You could put three LPBs in front of my SF DS back then and not even crack it. Gawdamm that was loud and clean.

rct

Some lovely stuff shown so far!

Here - it's a 10-yr old pic but anyway:

On left - Fender Vibro Champ (with Weber 8"speaker), Park MV100 (Trainwreck mod), Fender Dual Showman (135w, modded to pentode from ultra-linear).

On right - Fender Super 60, Fender Twin II. Both Rivera designs.

Sold the Aerodyne Strat on right shortly after buying it! Looked great but too light, didn't get along with the narrow neck radius.

Fenders003.jpg

Not shown - Roland Micro-Cube, Vox AC10 amp head in homemade box...another story.

OK Dub? Must update my amp pics sometime.

Regards to all!

That is a badass collection, John! Love how you have em all powered on at once :)

How do you like the Park and AC10?

Dual Showman -

P1020858_zps28dpbdcw.jpg

P1020856_zpssi49yj6f.jpg

@Dub - sometime I am going to take the Park out on a gig with an A/B switch so I can use it just for the solos. It has that grainy rough British sound.

The Vox AC10 is the thickest-sounding amp ever but I daren't take it on a gig as it is prone to blow components - I spent lots to get it working (completely refurbished by Dave Petersen who I mentioned in the other thread) but now it's spitting and popping and hissing again.

Has to see 8 ohms. Old, fussy but irreplaceable.

As rct says, the silver-face Dual Showman is possibly the loudest cleanest Fender valve amp ever. At the end of that period they uprated the Twin to 135w and withdrew the Dual Showman.

The Twin II was designed to compete with Boogies and Dumbles and....yup....it sure does IMO. 3-stage cascading gain on the drive channel.

Very under-rated but again a bit fussy, you need spare fuses - if you ever see one for sale (it was available as a head, too) just get it.

Dual Showman -

P1020858_zps28dpbdcw.jpg

P1020856_zpssi49yj6f.jpg

@Dub - sometime I am going to take the Park out on a gig with an A/B switch so I can use it just for the solos. It has that grainy rough British sound.

The Vox AC10 is the thickest-sounding amp ever but I daren't take it on a gig as it is prone to blow components - I spent lots to get it working (completely refurbished by Dave Petersen who I mentioned in the other thread) but now it's spitting and popping and hissing again.

Has to see 8 ohms. Old, fussy but irreplaceable.

As rct says, the silver-face Dual Showman is possibly the loudest cleanest Fender valve amp ever. At the end of that period they uprated the Twin to 135w and withdrew the Dual Showman.

The Twin II was designed to compete with Boogies and Dumbles and....yup....it sure does IMO. 3-stage cascading gain on the drive channel.

Very under-rated but again a bit fussy, you need spare fuses - if you ever see one for sale (it was available as a head, too) just get it.

That Dual Showman is insane :0 Never knew they threaded the bolts right into the chassis like that rather than using nuts

Seems like Vox amps are like that.. I'm looking at the schematic and that seems like a cool little amp. How's the tremolo sound on it?

Guest Farnsbarns

[thumbup]

How's the ol' Supersonic doing anyway? I love those things.

I love it too. It's a noisey amp though. I keep meaning to do a recap in the power supply.

You modded one didn't you? If I remember rightly let me know what you did and what you achieved.

Cheers

Archived