Gibson Brands Forums

Excess glue inside guitar need help

nutkunkup

I wouldnt care about the glue inside the body, but i would for the neck. It does not match the standards we expect from such highly priced guitar.

I would give Gibson a call, you bought it new, and wherever you did buy, they will surely try to help because i'm pretty sure they don't like to have unhappy customers... I'm confident they do care.

Sound and tone is everything, but even if you're in love with it, you're right to ask for flaws to be fixed... it is a brand new guitar

Those glue drops aren't an afterthought. They are there for a reason. Just like a luthier tap-tests tops when they are picking out wood for guitars, they later add the glue drops after the guitar has been assembled to fine-tune the guitar. It brings out and enhances those desirable resonant frequencies, or tames undesirable ones. So be aware, if you remove those glue drops (I call them tone blobs) your guitar will probably end up sounding worse.

Yes they add glue drop to make it look like "handcrafted". [biggrin]

• Upvote 1

......99% of the time I'm not aware of the botched internal work and the 1% I think about it is wiped out by the amazing sounds that come from this thing..........one day this carelessness is going to come back and bite you.

It's just terrible that that 1% is so distracting to you.......maybe wear blinders? or resist the temptation to look inside? And "Mr. Gibson" has been building guitars with little glue drops and rough sanded braces for a very long freakin' time. Reckon if it was gonna bite him on the arse it would have happened by now. Jumping on the forums' namesake with your first post is not a good way to make friends and influence people.

You like the guitar, like no other one you've ever played......great!.......not everyone can say that..........play it and don't sweat the small stuff.

It's just terrible that that 1% is so distracting to you.......maybe wear blinders? or resist the temptation to look inside? And "Mr. Gibson" has been building guitars with little glue drops and rough sanded braces for a very long freakin' time. Reckon if it was gonna bite him on the arse it would have happened by now. Jumping on the forums' namesake with your first post is not a good way to make friends and influence people.

You like the guitar, like no other one you've ever played......great!.......not everyone can say that..........play it and don't sweat the small stuff.

In my world 1% is not a terrible distraction. Mr Gibson has been through tough times in the past and nearly went under. If you read my post again you'll see that I was complimenting him on making a phenomenal guitar but giving straight forward and unbiased feedback about his quality control. He needs to know.

In my world 1% is not a terrible distraction. Mr Gibson has been through tough times in the past and nearly went under. If you read my post again you'll see that I was complimenting him on making a phenomenal guitar but giving straight forward and unbiased feedback about his quality control. He needs to know.

ricky, Don't try to BS people on this forum. (Maybe try the UMGF.)

You didn't come on here to 'compliment' Gibson on their "phenomenal guitars". You came on to criticize, and to hold Martin up as having better quality.

Glad to hear your Gibson is 'spectacular' and 'amazing'. Sad that it only looks good from a distance.though. I had a girlfriend like that once.

That's the way I read it, don't mind the "welcome wagon" and welcome to the forum.

I always leave a little bit of glue squeeze out in a few places inside of the guitars I build. If someone questions it [and so far no one has] I'll tell them that, it shows that I used enough glue in that particular area !

If it's a Gibson and you can't see a little bit of glue, I'd be concerned !

Yes, he does need to know. I have sent many e-mails to Mr. Gibson about the 4 new Gibsons I bought last year. He needs to know the good and bad.

ricky, Don't try to BS people on this forum. (Maybe try the UMGF.)

You didn't come on here to 'compliment' Gibson on their "phenomenal guitars". You came on to criticize, and to hold Martin up as having better quality.

Glad to hear your Gibson is 'spectacular' and 'amazing'. Sad that it only looks good from a distance.though. I had a girlfriend like that once.

He is entitled to his opinion whether you like it or not. And yes Martin's quality control is absolutely top notch. The new D-42 I bought last year is absolutely and completely flawless. My 1998 HD-28 and 2007 D12-28 aint too shabby either.

He is entitled to his opinion whether you like it or not. And yes Martin's quality control is absolutely top notch. The new D-42 I bought last year is absolutely and completely flawless. My 1998 HD-28 and 2007 D12-28 aint too shabby either.

Of course he's entitled to his opinion. I didn't say he wasn't.

It's just that i felt his opinion was biased and his timing and tone seemed to confirm that. So, I gave my opinion.

Still, as you noted -he's entitled to his opinion. As am I. As are you.

I would hate to participate on a forum where no matter what outrageous comments were posted - everyone agreed. Or were too cowed to disagree.

the guy voiced his thoughts- leave the ridicule and snide remarks out , this is why I felt the forum was broken and got slammed for saying so- cheers j

I think it was the way he did it. the title of his thread screamed drama from the get go. Whenever someone posts an "Urgent" or "Need Help!" thread, it's bound to be drama.

I think it was the way he did it. the title of his thread screamed drama from the get go. Whenever someone posts an "Urgent" or "Need Help!" thread, it's bound to be drama.

You mean like "Help urgently needed 'cause my momma didn't show me enough attention as a child!!". Yep, you can nearly always see 'em coming....