Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES-175 Premium Hollowbody Electric Guitar Natural

Wmachine

My link

That is an insane price for a really good ES-175.

Isn't that the same make and model of the one on sale for $399 last week?

Edit: I'm thinking that they raised their clearance price to $999 after you posted the link.

Another edit: Now the price for the natural finish is back down to $439, and it doesn't have a 5-month waiting period. Crazy!

I snagged one of those at the $439 price point. It showed up as in stock when I ordered but a couple days later I got an email stating it was backordered. But then yesterday I got another email with the tracking number of the shipment, and it should arrive Tuesday. Pictures soon.

It arrived. After a setup at my local shop it plays beautifully. The build quality is superb, regardless of price. The satin finish looks great. The guitar sounds great. We'll grow old together. Pictures below.

I snagged one of those at the $439 price point. It showed up as in stock when I ordered but a couple days later I got an email stating it was backordered. But then yesterday I got another email with the tracking number of the shipment, and it should arrive Tuesday. Pictures soon.

I have to admit that I keep going back to the page but without pulling the trigger.

• 1 month later...

Epiphone current-production guitars are (IME) a superb value, you get lots of bang for your bucks. I'm glad I stumbled onto this deal, thanks to the OP.

As the proud owner of a recently purchased one, I'd have to agree with you. A smidgen of bias there obviously! Having said that, even though the prices in Oz are greater than those in USA, I'm absolutely chuffed I was able to obtain one at a lesser price than the offer ($899 AU, compared with a recommended $1,699 AU) from one GC, the owners of which are also the Gibson importers.

Acoustically, my inexpert ear, thinks it's bloody good in that department as well. Plugged in, Oh my word. Very, very nice versatile unit all round. Again, only my view.

I recently scored an Ebony Epi ES-175 Premium from GC for $479. Arrived within a week of ordering it and came in excellent condition. Sounds and plays like a dream. Absolutely thrilled with it. What a great, great guitar from Epiphone. It's a good value at the regular price... at these prices it's an incredible value! Feel like I stole it! :)

Whx4xZB.jpg

Archived