Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone doing the Black friday shopping?

jimmyboy

AMAZING. Coolest way to announce an NGD in quite some time. It's going to be hard to top that one- congrats. Trivia question for Gib Acoustic people: Can you name another model beside the J-200, and now this one, that has the "bird's beak" bound fretboard (the "{" at the soundhole)? Bound headstock is a high level touch, as well.

Love the blue in the backstrip, and that rosewood back is off the charts. Someone is going to have a great holiday, welcoming this guitar into the fold. Now the wait begins for the box truck. Enjoy.

I love the Songwriter series guitars.When I saw this one on reverb.com with 15% off($1,865.75 after black friday discount),I jumped.Here is another 2 that I have on my collection.

20160727_101957.jpg

For all of my Songwriter collection.I like this one the most. It has Andirondack bracing and compound radius fretboard which make a big difference in sounds and play ability.

20150710_132214.jpg

Nice koa, too, but the background in the bottom photo inspires the most curiosity; what kind of life does that guitar live? ; ).

I am a truck driver.The picture was taken here in Ontario California (15 mins drive to Fender guitar factory in Corona California).I've rotated each of my guitars when I took off.And the current one that I have with me is this one...

20161124_122557.jpg

Life is too short to have a crappy travel guitar on the road. good for you! Gorgeous...

I did strike a deal last week on a used HD-28, but I won't have it for a few days. I sold off an 00-15, two mics, and some electronic cabinet space-taking nonsense.

I hope it sounds as good as my friends!

I would've swapped my j29 for your 0015 🙄

Trivia question for Gib Acoustic people: Can you name another model beside the J-200, and now this one, that has the "bird's beak" bound fretboard (the "{" at the soundhole)? Bound headstock is a high level touch, as well.

L-5

I am a truck driver.The picture was taken here in Ontario California (15 mins drive to Fender guitar factory in Corona California).I've rotated each of my guitars when I took off.And the current one that I have with me is this one...

Must be kinda loud, working on your chops while you're rollin'. 'Suppose you have to plug in (?) ; ).

L-5

Shoulda guessed, Nick. . . What doesn't the L-5 have for design appointments would've been easier.

1480062129[/url]' post='1814714']

20161124_122557.jpg

Lovely guitar , picture reminded me of one of my favourite songs : Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses . Love the inlay work on the last two frets

We have a few musicians in our company.One guy has a set of Roland V-drum set in his truck.Another guy have full size keyboard and setup with wireless system, using truck speakers as the monitors.3 including me play guitar.Sadly one of us passed away due to the accident back in 2014 near Kingman, AZ. Yup...life is too short to have a cappy guitar on the road.Play it and enjoy it while you can.

Lovely guitar , picture reminded me of one of my favourite songs : Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses . Love the inlay work on the last two frets

Thank you.It is 2008 L-1 Robert Johnson.The cheapest L-1 you can find in the market but I think this is the only year that came with Ebony fingerboard and bridge.I've added custom truss rod cover and sticker inlay to the headstock.(www.inlaystickers.com)

20161017_160738.jpg

Also add Martin OM-18V pickguard to make my own-one of a kind L-1.Inlay on the last 2 frets are factory.

20161017_160830.jpg

A beauty, Dave- will it have the increased body depth like the original Nick Lucas models?

Should have the deeper body, main reason I'm getting it besides the RW. Liberal return policy[thumbup]

A beauty, Dave- will it have the increased body depth like the original Nick Lucas models?

After another adventure with UPS, I picked it up today. I still have to set it up but out of the box it sounded pretty good.

Not to wild about the Mystic RW but as long as it's RW I'm okay. The wife thinks it looks pretty. I think of stump wood.

The body depth goes from-4-1/4" to 4-7/8". Fairly deep for a small body.

Archived