Gibson Brands Forums

What happens in case of War?

GoldenBee

Dear members of Gibson,

The last month, a question bothers me, what happens if my country engage enemy's and a War break up?

what will happen to my home and my guitar that is kept safe in it?

Every member of a Gibson family knows that Gibson certificate's our property of a guitar, by e-mail or by the papper that the guitar include

when a covenanter buy's it.

Will Gibson protect my rights (that the quitar is mine) and prohibit and disclaime the smaugs

so that my progeny or I (If i survive), have the quitar back?

i ve lost my property 2 times by a neighboor country, 1) in Smyrna and 2) in Kerynia and Famagusta Cyprus

Looking forward for your answers

owner of an "LPM 2015 Gibson USA"

To put it simply, it's not the manufacturer's responsibility or duty. It's the task of the local authorities. But I doubt that would be their prio 1 job after a war.

To be honest, the last thing I'd worry about during a war, is the safety of my toys.

Bence.

To put it simply, it's not the manufacturer's responsibility or duty. It's the task of the local authorities. But I doubt that would be their prio 1 job after a war.

To be honest, the last thing I'd worry about during a war, is the safety of my toys.

Bence.

thanks for your answer! both of my legs and guitar will be kept safe (toes-toys)

i hope you will not have to experience more war where you are. unless it's a volume war, in which case, i hope you can win

Dear and beloved kuma,

i am just wondering with the next question!!!

"what is the purpose of a Gibson's certificate"???

It is really sad been only for

1)Certify that its an original manufacture by Gibson factories

2)For marketing

3)For information's and log of third party's that collect informations

i feel like i can't find my rights... same old story with other people in Greece (Hellas) that own Gibson's products

every les paul is a piece of art, they help other artists "Show what they ve got.. the soul of their souls"

and with this guitars they give a really good sound, so why not been in a museum safe and in good hands"?

i feel pain, because what i ve got, was purchased from store with lot of sacrifices

even our houses were built with lot of sacrifices and not from dirty money

and want something to be left behind, so that i can be remembered, for my kids or nephews

and the best way giving them is a tool, because with tools you make things that own to you

Gibson does not keeps record of the owners. The COA (Certificate of Authencity) is just a case candy, - it has no legal force at all.

If You want Your instruments to be registered, You might try TheGuitarvaults. Still, it's only good for spreading the information on stolen instruments and will not trigger any legal actions for You.

http://www.theguitarvaults.com/users/btoth76

Best wishes... Bence

Gibson does not keeps record of the owners. ...

Best wishes... Bence

They seem to. I registered all of the Gibsons I bought new although this has no effect to the warranties in my country. All of them are expired by now.

Lots of manufacturers offer product registrations. In my country some people use them, others prefer data safety. It is left to your decision since no warranty for any product depends on it here.

Yes, Capmaster. In some countries it works. (I tried to register my Fender with all the documents provided, but it won't support Hungary).

But still, that will not put any responsibilities on the manufacturer to start or attend any legal actions in case of a dispute. It's simply not their duty. Anyways, what does it prove? That You were the original owner of the instrument.

It's a record for marketing purposes only.

Best wishes... Bence

Yes, Capmaster. In some countries it works. (I tried to register my Fender with all the documents provided, but it won't support Hungary).

But still, that will not put any responsibilities on the manufacturer to start or attend any legal actions in case of a dispute. It's simply not their duty. Anyways, what does it prove? That You were the original owner of the instrument.

Best wishes... Bence

Interestingly it didn't work at Fender here for me, too.

Since there is no legal effect in registration here, I agree it is for marketing purposes.

One big musical gear manufacturer offered me registration of a digital unit I bought used from private. It had been discontinued before. Then they even posted back and told me where and when the unit had been sold new. It could have been useful in case of forthcoming updates, but that didn't happen and probably never will. I have three of these, the two I had bought new earlier had the latest software version stock, and I updated the used one to that version, too. It was downloadable and still is, and I also could have copied it from one of the others. But anyway, now they know who owns that thing... ;)

I think the COA is only good if you're selling the guitar. You know it's authentic when you buy it & the prospective new owner knows it's authentic. In wartime, the enemy will also know it's authentic. Perhaps swap it for your life. Not all enemies like music and depending on who it is, you, the guitar and the COA could get burned as representative swill of a western world. Yes, that COA does come in handy.

Dear members of Gibson,

The last month, a question bothers me, what happens if my country engage enemy's and a War break up?

what will happen to my home and my guitar that is kept safe in it?

Every member of a Gibson family knows that Gibson certificate's our property of a guitar, by e-mail or by the papper that the guitar include

when a covenanter buy's it.

Will Gibson protect my rights (that the quitar is mine) and prohibit and disclaime the smaugs

so that my progeny or I (If i survive), have the quitar back?

i ve lost my property 2 times by a neighboor country, 1) in Smyrna and 2) in Kerynia and Famagusta Cyprus

Looking forward for your answers

owner of an "LPM 2015 Gibson USA"

I very sincerely hope that you do not have to experience war. If you do, I would expect that your guitar or any other material objects would be the least of concerns....family, friends and "toes" would be first on my list to worry about.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace". -Jimi Hendrix

I think the COA is only good if you're selling the guitar. You know it's authentic when you buy it & the prospective new owner knows it's authentic. In wartime, the enemy will also know it's authentic. Perhaps swap it for your life. Not all enemies like music and depending on who it is, you, the guitar and the COA could get burned as representative swill of a western world. Yes, that COA does come in handy.

hahahahahahhaha! you are not looney you are funny!!! you ve got sence of humor...

Oh - I was being pragmatic

Nice word though, "Pragmatic"= real... are you Greek and use this kind of word's?? [confused]

or you just wanted to make me happy??? that i found a well-known English word operator, and a refined man one of the kind!!!??? :D

i like you , you are well-cultivated, and i guess you have talent in music too!!! ;)

Best wishes... Bence

Yes, outside of the USA the Gibson Warranty it's just a piece of paper - seller's responsible for legal warranty.

Guest Farnsbarns

Nice word though, "Pragmatic"= real... are you Greek and use this kind of word's?? [confused]

or you just wanted to make me happy??? that i found a well-known English word operator, and a refined man one of the kind!!!??? :D

i like you , you are well-cultivated, and i guess you have talent in music too!!! ;)

Ironically, I think you'll find it's a Greek word. Perhaps Latinised Greek.

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeap... long live the Queen Sir!!! :blink:

From the OED...

via Latin from Greek pragmatikos relating to fact, from pragma deed (from the stem of prattein do).

Just thought it interesting that the word happens to be Greek in origin.

From the OED...

Omg, you speak Greek too... [lol]

yea prattein is ancient Greek, pratto is modern Greek

pragmatic is correct as it says, comes from pragma, pra-gma-tic-os

I like your racing car over there with the flag (lets change subject or topic)!!! they used to run in '20-'40 of 19century, am i right? the first one was about 2 centuries ago in 1862

you see Greeks are like brothers with Irish and British,

Greeks are not forgeting the friendship they had with Ammonis (Lord Byron)

that helped Greeks... the english are like ancient Greek, and they are similar of the nowdays Greeklish

[love] you !!!

First theory in music says

we 've got

Ionian

Dorian

Phrygian

Lydian

Mixolydian

Aeolian

Locrian

All from Greek tribes, and in ancient history of Greece

Says that Dorian Locrian Aeolians were greek tribes

Dont see that this history is hidden from you

Phrygian=Germans

Aeolian= Irish

Locrian= British

Lydian= Macedonian,Simites like Hebrew or Turkish, Mixolydian= Sweeden, Filand

Dorian= Albanian (Illyrian) etc

Locrian are like Spartans, they are like Dorian...

etc... so Greece is your country as well!!! thats why Lydians in India , that Alexander the Great was over there were speaking a similar language to ancient greek and english... and we are fighting again for a Troy and a Troika once again in Europe, and we doesn't let the music and our blood to bring us together and the tunes to speak the truth...

And thats the sad and worst of all, its like a blood-brother-civil war...

Archived