Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 500T Ceramic on Floyd Rose

Drjokke

Hi Guys!

I´m new here and I'm from Sweden so I hope you will excuse my bad english.

I have a question I hope you could spread some light on.

I have a Jackson KV2 USA equipped with a Seymour Duncan JB in the Bridge.

I also have two Gibson Flying V's with 500T in the bridge, and I must say that 500T is way better then the JB.

So I'm thinking on replacing the JB in my Jackson with a 500T.

Then I saw that the JB in my Jackson is a trembucker, which is as I understand, the same pickup as a humbucker but with slightly more space between the magnet poles to better match the string position on a Floyd Rose bridge.

So my first question is...is this even a problem?

Can it really be that much of a differens if the strings isn´t exactly aligned with magnet poles?

My second question is... Will there by a problem mounting a regular humbucker in a guitar that is equipped with a trembucker?

Third question... I know that Gibson has sold and manufactured Explorers and Flying V's with Floyd Rose bridges and 500T pickups. So is there a possibility that the 500T is available in a trembucker model?

I hope someone knows or have some information regarding this.

Big thanks in advance :-)

Hello Drjokke and welcome to this nice place in the web. [thumbup]

The 500T in the bridge position will perfectly match the Floyd Rose. [thumbup]

Trembuckers have closely the same spacing as the Gibson 500T and the other Gibson "T" pickup models including the Dirty Fingers pickups, circa 52mm between the centres of the outer poles. "T" means Treble or bridge position while "R" means Rhythm or neck position. All the PAF-style Gibson pickups are also "R" spaced, circa 49.2mm, and don't bear a suffix. They are used in all three positions. The mismatch of string runs is not critical.

Trembucker spacing is also referred to as "F" spacing, meaning Fender or Floyd Rose.

Hello Capmaster!

Thank you so much for clearing that out.

And also for the information regarding the "T" and "R" on the Gibson humbuckers.

You are absolutely right about this forum...it's really one of the nicest places on the web :-)

Ones again..Thank you!!!

Archived