Gibson Brands Forums

Guilty as charged!

ponty

I have just bought a Martin....an 0-18 custom.

Price was good, I thought, and as fullers, EMShorts, and many others cannot

show what Gibsons they carry, due to Henry's moronic policies, shopping for them online

becomes tedious, especially when you are unable to pop into these

stores and look.So now I am balanced out with two J-45s a 000-28ec style and a 0-18.

Congratulations! I bought a Martin 000-17sm a couple of years ago. I wonder why we Gibson lovers feel the need to apologize when we buy something non-Gibson? I don't get it. Gibson Acoustic makes some of the world's best guitars. However, that doesn't stop me from appreciating, and even buying, some of the other great guitars in the world. In addition to my Gibson, I have a Martin, two Taylors, a Yamaha, a Godin, a Rickenbacker, Gretsch, Fender and a Squier. I've owned and played some fantastic Larrivees and would dearly love to get my hands on a Collings, Manzer or (drool drool) an Olson. It doesn't mean I love my Gibson any less.

Congratulations! I bought a Martin 000-17sm a couple of years ago. I wonder why we Gibson lovers feel the need to apologize when we buy something non-Gibson? I don't get it. Gibson Acoustic makes some of the world's best guitars. However, that doesn't stop me from appreciating, and even buying, some of the other great guitars in the world. In addition to my Gibson, I have a Martin, two Taylors, a Yamaha, a Godin, a Rickenbacker, Gretsch, Fender and a Squier. I've owned and played some fantastic Larrivees and would dearly love to get my hands on a Collings, Manzer or (drool drool) an Olson. It doesn't mean I love my Gibson any less.

Well Said, I too have others including Martin and taylor and love them I just prefer Gibson.

I would be curious to know how you like the neck on your new Martin 0-18.

Is this the model with the low profile neck and the HP taper?

Thanks,

Ce.

Cameleye...I have to say that I was a little disapointed that the neck

is the ubiquitous low oval and tapered neck...I am over it now!

The neck is generally slim, but is much like the 'low profile'

M-36 I had, albeit,wider at the nut.Over all I am very pleased with it,

easy to play...very much the opposite of my j-45 fat neck.

Manzer.....Olson....$$$$$$$ I was looking at Manzer online.They look like

they have been made by a higher intelligence. A demonstration of enormous skill.

I very nearly went for a Larrivee, which are very nice.

Congrats . B)

New or used? . Custom . . . is that adi on hog?

Very nice stable you've got there. Enjoy.

Thanks BK.It was used..2015.It has a Sitka top.

Quite versatile actually for a small guitar.

Archived