Gibson Brands Forums

Your blues John.... your blues John....

Rabs

There's a video of those guys playing something where Yoko's sitting around making weird noises, like a goat caught in a wood chipper, and Clapton's looking at her like she's bonkers and wondering what he's gotten himself into. [laugh]

I know I've seen the vid from the Mike Douglas show where John and Yoko are playing with Chuck Berry and when Yokes starts doing that yodel scream the look on Chucks face is classic.

I miss the Mike Douglas Show. Like Ed Sullivan he was unhip and a terrible interviewer but always had cool guests and they were on for the whole week.

I know I've seen the vid from the Mike Douglas show where John and Yoko are playing with Chuck Berry and when Yokes starts doing that yodel scream the look on Chucks face is classic.

I miss the Mike Douglas Show. Like Ed Sullivan he was unhip and a terrible interviewer but always had cool guests and they were on for the whole week.

Lets go there shall we :)

In this one she seems to grab the mic but you cant here anything.. I wonder if even she thought making odd noises over Chuck would be a bad idea or the sound men turned her mic off :)

Lets go there shall we :)

No God no lets not. Please God lets not.

or the sound men turned her mic off :)

He's a good man. Let's all thank him together.

For the record I don't care where John wanted to plant his sausage, really I could care less.

She didn't break up the Beatles. She's not to blame for anything.

But who ever stuck a mic in front of her should be slayed in public.

Horrific stuff. Not art, not music. Absolute garbage!

'in the voice and dialect of comic book guy',,, "worst idea ever".

He's a good man. Let's all thank him together.

For the record I don't care where John wanted to plant his sausage, really I could care less.

She didn't break up the Beatles. She's not to blame for anything.

But who ever stuck a mic in front of her should be slayed in public.

Horrific stuff. Not art, not music. Absolute garbage!

'in the voice and dialect of comic book guy',,, "worst idea ever".

Agreed.. She has NO place on that stage....

Its just Chuck's face when she starts doing, well what ever you want to call it... hes not a patient man from what I have seen.

chuck%20hears%20yoko_zps9gcjifiq.jpg

I remember playing this back in the 90s, the first band I was in. Our drummer/singer Bruce was a huge Beatles and Lennon fanatic and he would sing these lyrics over almost any blues progression. I don't remember hearing the actual song until now. The part I always remember was Bruce singing "the eagle pecks my eyeball, the worm he licks my bone".

Archived