Gibson Brands Forums

1976 Walnut es-335

Satriani Fan 52

Hi everybody, I am a beginning guitar player. I was given a beautiful guitar that is way out my league. The strings have not been changed in a few years. The guitar has that triangular tailpiece past the bridge. I don't want to mess anything up when I change strings. Is there any special technique on the older gibsons. Thanks in advance for any help. [mellow] [mellow] [mellow]

... Anyone out there have an es-320 ????

I'm a huge fan of the ES-320.

I played two different ones at various times. Although I didn't own the guitar, I had a cherry sunburst ES-320 in my possession from about 1979 through 1981. It was the first ES-3xx thinline I had ever spent any quality time with. I used a it extensively for studio work during that period. Sometime around '80 or '81 I bought a 335 and eventually gave the 320 back to it's owner, who promptly traded it off for a bunch of pedals or something.

It wasn't long before I realized the virtues of the 320 and wished I had kept it. I give a search on e-bay every now and then for one, but have been selling off guitars in the last few years, not buying them.

Here's an old photo from that era (with the 320), my imaginary rock star days.

2886095225_607cf362bb.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the ES-320.

I played two different ones at various times. Although I didn't own the guitar, I had a cherry sunburst ES-320 in my possession from about 1979 through 1981. It was the first ES-3xx thinline I had ever spent any quality time with. I used a it extensively for studio work during that period. Sometime around '80 or '81 I bought a 335 and eventually gave the 320 back to it's owner, who promptly traded it off for a bunch of pedals or something.

It wasn't long before I realized the virtues of the 320 and wished I had kept it. I give a search on e-bay every now and then for one, but have been selling off guitars in the last few years, not buying them.

Here's an old photo from that era (with the 320), my imaginary rock star days.

2886095225_607cf362bb.jpg

I love that picture! I think were from the same era. Got that Duane Allman look going on. I was curious about anybody else having a es-320.I have the walnut es-335 and the es-320 in natural maple. Both of these guitars belonged to my late brother in law. The guitars look like the are new. They sat in their cases for the last 14 years. I hope to get good enough to make them sing before my time is up. thanks for sharing the pic. I will post pictures soon. Take care

Thanks again for the advice and the welcome. I hate to sound like a bozo about stuff that's second nature to a lot of you. I have a couple other guitars also that I will post about in the future. I will post some pictures soon. Anyone out there have an es-320 ????

I have a ES-320. Kind of a faded cherry, almost pink! Late 60's, don't remember exactly what year at the moment. Also have a '69 ES-330 and a '72 ES-325. Great guitars all! Sounds like you have a couple of nice keepers there. I'm sure you can make them sing! Good luck!

Archived