Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ160-E/VC

Guest George Bianco

Guest George Bianco

I just bought a used Epiphone EJ-160E/VC. The serial # is 14012319984. How do identify when it was made and any other pertinent information? I would like this information so I understand its possible future value also. How many were made etc.

I just bought a used Epiphone EJ-160E/VC. The serial # is 14012319984. How do identify when it was made and any other pertinent information? I would like this information so I understand its possible future value also. How many were made etc.

Congrats on your purchase of a very cool guitar! It was made in 2014 in Indonesia. Here's the Epiphone dater page. Prices on ebay are kind of all over the map. Completed listings for used EJ160E's show them going for anywhere from $250 to $660. New ones are on sale at GC for $350! but the new ones no longer have the John Lennon signature, which I think makes the older ones more desirable.

• 2 years later...
On 11/27/2016 at 8:16 AM, Guest George Bianco said:

I am trying to find when my epiphone  ej-160e/vc was made.  How do I decipher the serial number.