Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Lmd Ed Les Paul Traditional PRO Gold

alexfen

The price seems a bargain to me. Epiphone Les Paul guitars are well built, and with a good setup she will play nicely and have a decent sound.

What should I say - my Epiphone 1960 Tribute LP does! [biggrin] She comes darn close to my Gibson LPs, I'm not kidding. The feel of the finish is the by far most obvious difference.

Post pics when your Les Paul Traditional PRO Gold has arrived! [love]

I just ordered the same guitar through Guitar Center and paid $549 (was the standard price found on most internet vendors (sweetwater, etc...), so I think you got a great deal. Mine came in set up just fine, the only issue was the pickup switch appears to be slightly bent (still works fine, tho). The finish is very nice - I particularly like the back. The neck is rather fat (as expected and much fatter than my '74 LP Deluxe), which may take some getting used to. Action is fine and there is no buzzing anywhere on the neck. Strings are crappy, so plan on replacing them ASAP. The P90s sound awesome through my Fender Champion 100. The tuners are OK, I will probably throw some Schallers in at some point. I plan on putting a Bigsby on at some point - one of the reasons I bought the Epi instead of a Gibson is that I wanted to be free to alter it without feeling guilty (LOL)!

I just ordered the same guitar through Guitar Center ...

The neck is rather fat (as expected and much fatter than my '74 LP Deluxe), which may take some getting used to. ...

Strings are crappy, so plan on replacing them ASAP...

The P90s sound awesome ...

Yours has to be a different model. P90 pickups and a chunky 50's neck clearly tell that. The model this topic refers to comes with a standard D-shaped neck, basically a '60's slim "non-tapered" or "non-rounded" compared to that common on Gibsons. The pickups are zebra open-coil humbuckers, AlNiCo Classic in the neck and ProBucker 3 in the bridge position.

Strings are a matter of taste, and maybe they also changed hands since early 2013. Anyway, the factory strings on my Epi LP and my Gibson SG Supra were the best factory strings I ever played, let alone I ever bought on a new guitar, at least soundwise since I prefer heavier gauges and therefore restrung them the same day like always. I like very bright sounding strings like the Optima Chromes I play since 34 years, and Gibson Brite Wires are among my favourites.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just bought a brand new Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional PRO Electric Guitar Metallic Gold for $319. I will receive it next week. can somebody tell me if it was a good bargain and if it s a good guitar

thnaks for the help

Loving the guitar?

Archived