Gibson Brands Forums

Choices

bassetman

Looking at the LG-2 American Eagle or the L-00 Acacia. The LG-2 has a moderately nasty scratch on the back and is a year old L00 is new....I played it to see what a small body is like. Really liked it. Any thoughts on the small bodies in general and these in particular? Birthday next week so present shopping for me. :)

1480555585[/url]' post='1816102']

Looking at the LG-2 American Eagle or the L-00 Acacia. The LG-2 has a moderately nasty scratch on the back and is a year old L00 is new....I played it to see what a small body is like. Really liked it. Any thoughts on the small bodies in general and these in particular? Birthday next week so present shopping for me. :)

I love LG2s. I have two American Eagles, residing with relations... warm, great J45 only smaller. Strum. Finger pick. Does it all well. I am a fan.

No experience with the L00s; sorry.

There is also an L00 vintage but the price stings a bit but it's a "vintage burst" guess I can always go with the one I played. The Acacia was a bit stiff feeling, being brand new but sounded sweet. New Eagles are a couple hundred cheaper. Not enough to quibble about.

After a couple hours of getting to know the LG-2 I love this thing. The neck is perfect for me, just feels very good. A very slight buzz was cured by moving the wires about inside a bit. I would not have believed a small guitar would sound like this. The rosewood finger board is gorgeously grained. I can find no high or low frets. The mini tuner knobs are a bit small for Me but not a big deal. They were on the game when they made this one.

I've owned at least one LG sized Gibson since around 1979. A good one can be seriously rich in tone for such a small body.

When the LG2-AE came out in 2013, I had to have one. Added a pickguard, which is placed similarly to yours. Although it wouldn't be my last guitar standing (that's reserved for the J-185), it's a definite keeper, and a super comfortable guitar to play.

Congrats & enjoy!

Thanks for the input, LG-2 should be very nice....if I can get used to a toy size guitar. ;)

Perhaps but I played my L-00 in an old time jam with 16 people, lots of banjos and fiddles and it held its own enough so that a fellow playing a Larivee OM on the other side the room complemented me on the sound of my guitar. Maybe he was being a smart alec but at least he heard me.

Huge improvement this morning. The action was a smidge high, not awful but high. By eyeball it seemed about the thickness of the under saddle pickup. I don't even own an amp sooooo. Wow what an improvement. The slight "boxy" sound is gone. Volume is even better than before and the body positively rings in my hands. I can always put it back if I want. Just need to make a plug for the hole from the jack. The saddle is a little odd. If you look at the pics at the beginning the saddle is uncompensated. Also it is very heavy. I mean really surprisingly heavy. I do not think it is Tusq. The texture is different and the colour is slightly yellow, same for the nut. No casting marks like the other Tusq saddles have. Not complaining at all. Not even about a bit of glue and some pencil marks in side. I know it is the new guitar but this thing is a real winner. It is gorgeous to behold , to play, and to hear.....according to the dogs. ;)

Archived