Gibson Brands Forums

Trolls?

Buc McMaster

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the warm welcome for new folks! :rolleyes:

Some people seem to distress theirselves about odds and ends. I don't think there are bad intentions behind, and I feel sure about that with the OP. His post #47 confirms that.

Have fun, Basketcase, there's no reason for worrying! [thumbup]

Some people seem to distress theirselves about odds and ends. I don't think there are bad intentions behind, and I feel sure about that with the OP. His post #47 confirms that.

Have fun, Basketcase, there's no reason for worrying!

good call Cap.

To me the only people who 'own' the content here are Gibson, and they have appointed their moderators as their content officers to 'police' (in a positive sense) the discussion. That works well generally and only every now and then we get a bit of flare-up when the populace attempt to do the policing - which serves to remind me that the mods here do a great (and somewhat thankless) job! [thumbup]

Excessive Glue

nutkunkup

Active Posts:8 (0.46 per day)

Most Active In:Gibson Acoustic (8 posts)

Last Active:User is offline Nov 20 2016 12:03 AM

Smells Too Woody

JamieD

Active Posts:2 (0.08 per day)

Most Active In:Gibson Acoustic (2 posts)

Last Active:User is offline Dec 01 2016 10:42 PM

Let's put this to rest.......... My intent was merely to make an observation of a couple of threads posted by new members that had nothing to do with Gibson, rather specifically Martin and Taylor. Not to say that posts about other makers are not welcome here........not at all. But such threads that are the first and only postings by new members can be considered suspect. Neither of the OPs of these threads has posted anything else, anywhere else on the forum. An opening thread on a Gibson acoustic forum about which Taylor is better or why does my Martin smell so woody, with no followup from either member certainly appears to be the work of someone just trying to stir the pot, yes? Simply an observation, folks, thinking out loud, if you will. Didn't figure it would lead to all this.

My apologies to anyone offended and in the future I will be more careful with what I point out.............

Yeah, Buc - how could you deign to be so damn offensive, knowing fully well how SENSITIVE some of us crusty old guitar pickers can be?! I, for one, am totally scandalized - unsure if I can ever play my Hummingbird again lest it remind me of this horrible gaffe. C'mon - all you did was raise a pretty innocent question that was on your mind at the time. Offensive is when some drunken lout keeps hollering "hey, a$$hole, get off the stage" at a gig that you've invited your parents to attend. Or maybe I'm just referencing different musical times and circumstances. Anyhow, all the carrying-on seems a bit much to this old country boy😱😫😩😥

Smells Too Woody

JamieD

Active Posts:2 (0.08 per day)

Happy to say I saw JD's other thread starter on clear pick guards (probably still on page one) - seems a nice polite guy, no sign of little ugly dudes having a bad hair day at all. [thumbup]

I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS buy my lunch from the guy in the men's room.

He gives me stock tips.

[laugh]

Maybe we should institute some kind of long-range plan and ban the use of the disputed 'T' word in future posts? Or perhaps run one of those polls to determine how many of us are pro T and how many are anti T and how many of us don't believe that T even exists. Possibly a contest to see who can be the biggest T? We can award a T-shirt to the winner. This is getting to be too much fun - it's absurd to the max!

Archived