Gibson Brands Forums

G Force Tuning System

GoldJim

I have 2 Les Pauls, a 98 Custom and a new Tribute T gold top. I saw a G Force system for sale, but before I invest, I'd like to know if I can drop it into either of my guitars without the need for routing. The G force is from a 2015 Classic HP. Anyone had any history with this? I know, it's a lazy man's way, but I tried it and liked it in the store. I would definitely be into this, even if it was just on my Tribute. It's better than a Snark. [thumbup]

I have a 2015 Classic with a G-Force I love it. There are no HP's in the 2015 line. That's why a lot of people didn't like the 2015 line because the g-force, the wide neck width and z-fan were on every Les Paul. As for what's out there. The g-force from a 2015 will fit onto a a tradition USA, LP headstock without any cutting or drilling. the tunners hold on tht g-force unit with the nuts for the pegheads. I'm not sure about your LP custom headstock.

Mine works great and has been a time saver in both the live and studio invironment. It also makes changing strings a lot quicker. The only issues I've had over the last couple of years has been replacing a couple of the tunners. The plastic broke on the inside of one and it could onl be tuned manually and I had one lock up and it would not auto tune (but could still tune by hand). Mine was under warrenty and Gibson sent me replacements. Just remember that if you have to buy one of the tunning keys it will cost $59.99 and the little srew that locks down onto the string is $10 (you get one with the replacement tuner) so if it is not warrentied then there is the $60 X 6 is alot of cash... The did redesign them for 2016. They have metal tunners that won't break as easy and the did away with the locking nut for the strings.

Mine works great and has been a time saver in both the live and studio invironment. It also makes changing strings a lot quicker. The only issues I've had over the last couple of years has been replacing a couple of the tunners. The plastic broke on the inside of one and it could onl be tuned manually and I had one lock up and it would not auto tune (but could still tune by hand). Mine was under warrenty and Gibson sent me replacements. Just remember that if you have to buy one of the tunning keys it will cost $59.99 and the little srew that locks down onto the string is $10 (you get one with the replacement tuner) so if it is not warrentied then there is the $60 X 6 is alot of cash... The did redesign them for 2016. They have metal tunners that won't break as easy and the did away with the locking nut for the strings.

I had no idea they cost so much. I hope mine last because I like them, but not enough to spend that sort of money.

• 1 month later...

Archived