Gibson Brands Forums

Derek St. Holmes model Sg

Beerad12

Hey all. Just did the whole "introduce yourself" thing on the forum and figured I get right to posting. I saw a video clip of Derek St. Holmes famously of Ted Nugent (and others) showing off what would be his signature model SG. It was a white 3 pickup sg custom with a matte finish and a super sharp lookin guitar indeed. In the video he said it was going to come out in the fall of 14'. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened? Did it get shelved, terminated, or just pushed back. Not a whole lot of info on the Web so figured I'd ask. Thanks, and happy to have joined the forum today. I look forward to your responses.

Hey Searcy,

Yeah that's the video I saw too. It looks like that video was posted in 2014 so that guitar should have already made its way out to the market based on Derek estimating the release date as fall of 2014. I've been searching the web for additional info but have yet to find anything. It looks like the guitar just never made it into production for some reason or it's just 2 years behind schedule. Fingers crossed it will make it as it looks like a pretty cool guitar.

As a side note, I checked out your youtube channel earlier today. You have some really cool stuff on there and I dig the in depth guitar reviews.

Thanks

Archived