Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

guitar dog

I've wanted one of these for about the last 50 years, I guess I've been waiting long enough. Just picked up this new Rickenbacker 330/12 Walnut. I'm still tweaking the setup and adjusting to the skinny neck (big difference from my Martin 12 string). So far, I am very pleased with it.

Rickenbacker%20330%2012%20string_zpsh09b7xyr.jpg

Beautiful in walnut.

I've got a 360/12. Yes, the neck width takes getting used to. I also found the 6 saddle bridge to be troublesome on the lower strings - possibly just my guitar's individual geometry. Eventually I gave up making compromises in getting the intonation close and ordered a Ric 12 saddle bridge - much much better.

Gorgeous guitar. Congrats and enjoy. . B)

Love your Ric 360! I have wanted one for some time. Love the Fireglo like you have but really want the Montezuma Brown....NICE!!!!

Beautiful guitars and really a different beast when it comes to 12 strings. Rics really make you work as far as fingering on those necks but once you got it down....... man what a beautiful sound!

Own a Ric 12 and 6 string myself.

IMG_1435_zps5fcpiih2.jpg

I've wanted one of these for about the last 50 years, I guess I've been waiting long enough. Just picked up this new Rickenbacker 330/12 Walnut. I'm still tweaking the setup and adjusting to the skinny neck (big difference from my Martin 12 string). So far, I am very pleased with it.

Rickenbacker%20330%2012%20string_zpsh09b7xyr.jpg

"Loverly!" [thumbup][biggrin]

They do take some getting used to, but it's well worth it! ALways been a "Ric" lover, myself.

My First Ric (1968) 12-string, "jetglo" photo taken in 1969.

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

And, my currently owned versions: 1980 (top), and '82 reissue versions.

DSC_17111Cropped_zpsc60d282b.jpg

Enjoy your new Ric 12-string!

CB

The business!! [thumbup]

Archived