Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas or Holiday Song Thread?

MorrisrownSal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice sal, I liked both of them.

here's a Christmas song but NOT played on a gibby. (I aint got one yet..) should I delete?

Recorded this one a few years ago on my nylon string (I posted this last year round this time too..)

nice sal, I liked both of them.

here's a Christmas song but NOT played on a gibby. (I aint got one yet..) should I delete?

Recorded this one a few years ago on my nylon string (I posted this last year round this time too..)

Beautifully done Ray

Not our audio or video, but.... here's a chart I played tonight at our holiday concert, the fantastic Mel Torme composition, "The Christmas Song". What makes this arrangement unique is the time signature changes. It flip-flops between 4/4 time and 3/4 time. Really makes it fun to play, and interesting for the audience.

Go ahead, try to count it! Remember, the value of the quarter note stays the same.....

Super Ray.I remember calling that hypnotic when I heard it before.

Dave beaut covers!

Keith your son in law did a fine version of a traditional old carol.Nice treatment and instrumentation.

L5 that is a great song for a big band or a one man guitar and vocals..just a beautiful song.I remember you posting your own band here..not often.Could do with another post sometime.

Here's a quick one from me.One of Ian Anderson's little gems.Originally a mandolin song.I tried on guitar but uke suits better.With added completely gratuitous harp.Fits the brief for a Christmas song...as it's called "A Christmas Song"

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IngR2k010&feature=youtu.be

Archived