Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Dot

carnage

Hi Guys,

I bought my first Epiphone and i am really loving the feel and the build is really great.

My question is i love playing the 60s to 80s rock n roll Rythem and Lead.

What would be the better pickups for this type of genre?

Your help is much appreciated and PS the neck just feels so awesome on this DOT :)

post-82912-063060700 1481029249_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the new guitar, Dot's are nice. If you've tried all you can with the stock pickups and still don't like them, I'd look at '57 Classics if you want to stick with humbuckers. I'm pretty partial to P90's. There are several options out there for HB sized P90 style pickups that would swap out easily too.

Congrats and welcome to the Dot club. I bought mine 8 years or so ago. After playing it for a year, I had SD Classics installed (along with a total rewire, new pots, switches, etc.) Totally different guitar from a sound standpoint after the mods. Much brighter, crisper, etc.

Thanks guys,

All i am only using is the Roland Cube 20x. I plan on buying another decent amp with my Christmas bonus.

Currently i dont have any pedals as well so using built in effects of the amp.

I havent played in a really long time and need to start jamming again.

All i am only using is the Roland Cube 20x. I plan on buying another decent amp with my Christmas bonus.

About the only thing I used my Roland for these days is to play jam tracks that I can play along with. My "go to" amp for most of my guitars is my Blues Jr. As always, YMMV and I'm sure you'll get several opinions. I'd suggest hitting your local music shop and trying out as many as you can and decide what's best for you. My two cents anyway.

Hi Guys,

I bought my first Epiphone and i am really loving the feel and the build is really great.

My question is i love playing the 60s to 80s rock n roll Rythem and Lead.

What would be the better pickups for this type of genre?

Your help is much appreciated and PS the neck just feels so awesome on this DOT :)

post-82912-063060700 1481029249_thumb.jpg

If it came with Epi ProBuckers why worry about swapping out?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived