Gibson Brands Forums

For you who use a K&K pure mini

RichG

I Just got a used Martin with a K&K installed. I'm curious if I will need to use a pre amp going into a small PA. I currently play my AJ in the group and it has a Trance Amulet I had installed, but that's an active pick up. It works fine. Just curious what your experience has been. Sal?

Reason I'm asking and not just trying it is that I won't have the opportunity to get together with the boys in a PA friendly setting for a while.

Thanks

Rich G

Rich,

Love my K&K. I have used the K&K XLR with it, which improves the tone (impedance balance and other things above my pay grade, but it sounds good). I recently switched to an Orchid Muting DI, and it is easier, plus it offers the muting switch, which I use a lot, as I retune often when playing out. Sounds just as good, if not better than with the K&K matched Pure XLR.

Finally, I just bought a used Fire eye Red Eye (which has a solo boost function). It also sounds great. I think this is the tool I will keep.

If you would like a simple K&K Preamp (not the XLR), but the belt clip job that has the impedance matching and some EQ - I will give it to you for free. Just message me your address.

Also, if you would like the Orchid Muting DI, again send me your address and I will give it to you for free...

I was going to sell these on reverb, but I am just happy offering either of them to you.

To recap, these are four great tools that work well with the K&K Pure Mini:

1) Fire Eye Red Eye

2) Orchid Muting DI

3) K&K Preamp beltclip jobby

4) K&K Pure XLR

Thanks Sal

I have a Fishman G II which I have used in the past with another guitar I don't have anymore. I don't know enough about this stuff to know if that's like the ones you have.

In any case I appreciate the offer, but I'll try this one rather than take something you can sell.

Rich

Archived