Gibson Brands Forums

"The Issue". A Murph Multi Tracked Menagerie....

Murph

This song was written after a bad scene that eventually turned tragic.

I'm going to leave it at that for the time being.

I play guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin and there is a harmonic interlude.

First class musicianship, arrangement, and recording. Best thing I've heard on this forum. Seriously. Great stuff. Real music.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

First class musicianship, arrangement, and recording. Best thing I've heard on this forum. Seriously. Great stuff. Real music.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Wow Jeff, Thanks for the kind words. I am humbled.

You too, kwalker, Kelly, grunt, Sal.

Yea, it's just Garageband through the Apogee mic Sal made me buy. No amps, all acoustic sitting in front of the mic.

I have no idea how to mix with the iPad in Garageband, so I just try to record with levels close to what I want.........

[biggrin]

Wow Jeff, Thanks for the kind words. I am humbled.

You too, kwalker, Kelly, grunt, Sal.

Yea, it's just Garageband through the Apogee mic Sal made me buy. No amps, all acoustic sitting in front of the mic.

I have no idea how to mix with the iPad in Garageband, so I just try to record with levels close to what I want.........

[biggrin]

How did you do this murph ?

Did you sit and play the guitar / vocals part all the way through ??

Or was there cut and pasting involved for the instrumental part ? Surely you didn't play the guitar bedrock and then solo over it ?

I'd love to try some of this sort of stuff but click tracks are melting my head after never ever playing with a drummer before !

How did you do this murph ?

Did you sit and play the guitar / vocals part all the way through ??

Or was there cut and pasting involved for the instrumental part ? Surely you didn't play the guitar bedrock and then solo over it ?

I'd love to try some of this sort of stuff but click tracks are melting my head after never ever playing with a drummer before !

Like Sal said, I played the rhythm and lead vocals first all the way through, knowing the arrangement, and left room for the misc. leads and stuff. I never write anything down, it's all in my head, and don't use/like clicks or metronomes.

I just wing it.....

:unsure:

Superb stuff! That was brilliant!

By the way, in Garageband it is very easy to set volume levels for individual tracks. First, in the trackview, highlight the track you want to change, then click on the little icon with the equalizer faders up on the right side of the menubar. A new screen will open where you can set the volume of the individual track. You can also set treble and bass levels, pan the track left/right, and add some basic effects like reverb, echo, compression etc.

I also record with the Apogee mic and like the simplicity with an iPad and Garageband.

Again, great track!!

Lars

I can't for the life of me figure out multitrack with GarageBand on iPad.

I know the mac version is different but can't find any videos on how to do it .

Maybe it's not possible

I know you can record different tracks after each other. But i want to record vocals mic1 and guitar mic2.

Other software lets me 'split' right and left but I can't find that option

Anyone help ?

Or have the slightest clue what I'm on about ? 😄

Apologies to murph for the little hijack

Archived