Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

I've been trying out old songs I wrote to see if they'll fly with my current drummer.

And although I am not good enough to play any material but my own, I have been working up a rocking out version of Elliott Smith's Needle in the Hay. I am impressed by the little bits of color he puts into otherwise basic chords.

1483492256[/url]' post='1824236']

Retire, I feel your pain. I am retired and if I could not play my guitars everyday I would become depressed. I hope you heal quickly.

msp_thumbup.gif Thanks. The wife's cleaning getting rid of stuff and a staple sliced it open. What's cute is I played a video of The Beach Boys singing Barbara Ann to our 2 year old grandson and he grabbed his Ukulele and was really rock a rolling jumping and dancing while strumming and singing parts of the song. My wife and I just smiled watching him it was so adorable. So I looked up how to play the chords and as soon as I can I'm practicing that song and get him to do it again so we can get a video.

I'm a terrible liar, so only the truth ;)

"Can't play yer own until you can play everybody elses". Wise words of wisdom, probably the best thing I ever heard come out of Betts pie hole, followed by a great gust of Marlbl haze and Bud fumes.

rct

"Can't play yer own until you can play everybody elses". Wise words of wisdom, probably the best thing I ever heard come out of Betts pie hole, followed by a great gust of Marlbl haze and Bud fumes.

rct

Well, I'm in a heap of trouble.

Removed the bandages from the finger and tried some playing. Not too bad so I played a couple of songs then chorded to Barbara Ann. Easier then I thought, just need to get he timing down. Deb was gone so I had the grandson and we played together. This 2 year old rocks the night away dancing, hopping and strumming his Ukulele it is so cute. If you folks had him on stage you would have sellout crowds.

Well lately my guitar has been neglected. I joined a band a few weeks back who needed a bass player so

I blew the dust off and got back into faking being a bass player. So I've been trying to learn a bunch.

So far I got.....

Blah blah blah!!!

Musicians are such flakes. So annoying!!

So since this last post the guitar player has been ousted and I've switched from bass back to geet.

So far all I got is these,

Just Between You And Me - April Wine

Keep Your Hands To Yourself

All Right Now

White Wedding

Roxy Roller

Cat Scratch Fever

Never really learned any covers. So it's taking me a while. But I like it.

I've spent the last few days trying to finish learning a piano arrangement.. I know, I'm off the rails right?

No man!

Last I recall you made the leap. Hands doing a bass line and a melody together. I think that was you?

If you can do that without your head exploding,, your on the rails in my books.

I never made that leap. My head is still just particles. Brain matter all over the walls here.

Who farted?

Funny, but I've never done these before. They've been added to our list for our upcoming Gig do I learned them. Cool tunes!

Pictures Of Matchstick Men - Status Quo

I Had Too Much To Dream - The Electric Prunes

No Matter What - Badfinger

Come & Get It - Badfinger

No man!

Last I recall you made the leap. Hands doing a bass line and a melody together. I think that was you?

If you can do that without your head exploding,, your on the rails in my books.

I never made that leap. My head is still just particles. Brain matter all over the walls here.

I've often dabbled, but been playing piano (seriously) since like 2004/2005.

it did take me about a year or so to really get the lh/rh independence down where it didn't make me nutz..

persistence and lots of practice.. is the only way through it.

Who farted?

LOL!

he who smelt it dealt it..

• 1 month later...

La Grange - ZZ Top

Excellent & fun song to play, Dave!

Stuff I've been working on lately:

- Waiting for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago - ZZ Top

- Highway Star - Deep Purple

- Lunatic Fringe - Red Ryder

One of the guys in my band has gone synth crazy so the last two should be fun when the band gets together to play them.

I like to practice as many songs that I have learned to play, but at the moment I have been playing a lot of "A Whole Lotta Rosie", "Thunderstruck", and I am trying to learn "Riff Raff", but I have to say Riff Raff would have to be one of the hardest AC/DC songs to play, it's very fast, with a lot of tricky riffs.

Bear in mind, I am only a rhythm player with a year of experience (lead guitar is way too hard for me).