Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

• 3 months later...

We were watching Axxess TV a few weeks back and REO Speedwagon was in concert and they played "Tough Guys" off the Hi Infidelity album. It was a newer concert after Gary Richrath died so they had a different guitarist. Well, my wife thinks it's funny when I hit an artificial harmonic and make the guitar "squeal." She'll laugh and go "squeal!" So, the guitarist played the song and I complained about him not hitting the "squeals" the way Gary did on the album, so I brought it up on YouTube for her to hear. So, for fun, I decided to "re-learn" the song because I had played it long ago, paying great attention to the "squeals" in the song. She came home from work and I played along with the album, hitting all the squeals like the album. She got a kick out of it and had me play the song three more times. Not a hard song but definitely fun to play and working to hit the right artificial harmonic, right tone at the right time.

Before that was Hangar 18 by Megadeth because my oldest son wants to learn how to play it. It'll be a few years before he'll be able to play it fully but he likes the fact that he can play the intro chords to it, at least.

Thanks to The Beatles Channel on Sirius XM, John Lennon's "Working Class Hero". Also polishing up "Crossroads" and working on an acoustic version of Van Halen's "Ain't talkin' 'Bout Love".

And, of course, trying to keep the chops up on all my original stuff. Emphasis: trying :)

I've been learning a lot of funk, R&B and even disco stuff for this one group I've been playing with. "Cut The Cake" by The Average White Band. "I'll Be Around" by The Spinners. Brick House" The Commodors. Stuff I never imagined I'd be playing in a band. :rolleyes: They are all pretty easy as far as chord changes. Just have to get the "feel" right.

Also learned "Baker Street" and the solo. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...