Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

adding to my acoustic solo set, Gordon Lightfoot's If You Could Read My Mind. Always dug the tune, fun to play

When we were kids we would play Edmund Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzedmund in bars and we would play one verse for as long as we could get away with it, which was usually a good ten minutes before anyone noticed.

rct

Lucinda William's, 'Six Blocks Away', Elvis Costello's, 'Girls Talk', and after hearing Taylor Swift's (by accident) nauseating cover of Tom Petty's 'American Girl', I rotated the song back to the top of my pile to tighten it up a little. Cheap Trick's 'Surrender' is easy and fun too, but as my memory weakens I'd like to work the pile into a set of 20 or so that when someone asks me to play I don't shuffle papers like I'm at a real estate closing.

There are a few songs that as hard as I try I can't 'convert' into a solo mode with my limited musical abilities. The Band's 'We Can Talk' is one.