Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting --- An old J-45 on which Roseanne Cash's "Western World"(Western Wall ?) was recorded ?

gotomsdos

Looking for an old Gibson J-45, Found one,

Description is: its the tone an absolute CANNON !!

Asked the seller for a clip, he said can give it a try(Thank him so much, nice guy), and added: the guitar was traded in by John Leventhal and can be heard on his wife's (Roseanne Cash) song Western World(Western Wall ?) as well as a few others on that CD. He traded for a J-35 to compete with Jackson Brown 's collection.

Interesting

Really? (mostly I lean to believing it)

===========

declaration

===========

I geuss, it may be nothing of privacy, commercial secret, etc, just an interesting story of guitar. And would not bring anything negative to the seller(and relative people), instead, favorable to the selling of the guitar, so I share(post) it to guitar pals here.

If I'm wrong, let me know ASAP, and delete it.

============================================================

Check her album out,,Guess for what songs this J-45 is used

The album is: 10 Song Demo (1996)

Besides Western World(should be Wall ?) the seller mentions, there are other songs as below seem to use this J-45(my guessing, and you ?):

2 If I Were a Man (front)

4 Western Wall (front)

7 Child of Steel [live] (front)

9 I Want to Know (right channel)

10 Take My Body (front)

11 Mid-Air [live] (right channel)

But as an accompaniment, not a melody one, the guitar does not seem to express too much in all songs above.

Well, the guitar has my attention at this point (and I ain't only seen her from the back is all)😈 The history is interesting, possibly accurate - no reason to disbelieve - and I'd really like a peek at her front, a notion of when she was birthed, and a listen. Hope all goes well if you're looking to acquire - will await further information and developments with enthusiasm!

Well, the guitar has my attention at this point (and I ain't only seen her from the back is all) The history is interesting, possibly accurate - no reason to disbelieve - and I'd really like a peek at her front, a notion of when she was birthed, and a listen. Hope all goes well if you're looking to acquire - will await further information and developments with enthusiasm!

Thank you for chiming in.

Its front(top) is just as usual, nothing special, that's why I neglect it. There is one large area with lacquer taken off on the neck, so I post the pic of it...

==================

Found out her hubby's J-35 !

URL:

http://www.kennethinthe212.com/2011/11/preview-rosanne-cash-live-from-zone-c.html

But I googled and Youtubed the couple and their guitars, no single pic or video of Gibson J-45 seen,,,but J-50, Southern Jumbo and Country & Western.

While I think she's cool and stuff, I wouldn't add one dollar to the value of a guitar she owned / played / recorded. Her Dad, heck yea. Kris, Willie, Waylon.

Being the offspring of a legend doesn't make one a legend.

Bocephus excluded..........

While I think she's cool and stuff, I wouldn't add one dollar to the value of a guitar she owned / played / recorded. Her Dad, heck yea. Kris, Willie, Waylon.

May not mean anything to you or add more value, but to some it may. No need to add a snarky comment like that. I can think of plenty of artists who would command higher dollar for pretty common instruments that passed through their hands where I wouldn't pay anything more than fair market value for, but wouldn't go out of my way to post it.

I doubt that I'm alone in having pondered, over the years, what it'd be like to own a guitar associated with a well-known or a 'cult' musician that I've admired, known, or by whom I have been inspired or influenced. In one way, it'd be a pleasure and an honor. In another, I'd feel a bit ghoulish - deluded - presumptuous. Guess it would depend on the circumstances. The 'magic' doesn't necessarily transfer with the guitar. Still, WG's Southern Jumbo - Kris Kristofferson's old Martin - Ramblin' Jack's D-28 - ah, it's not gonna happen, anyway😉

May not mean anything to you or add more value, but to some it may. No need to add a snarky comment like that. I can think of plenty of artists who would command higher dollar for pretty common instruments that passed through their hands where I wouldn't pay anything more than fair market value for, but wouldn't go out of my way to post it.

In the late 1970's, I had the opportunity to purchase (along with lots of other folks - it was for sale at Elderly) a 000-45 that had been owned by Norman Blake. Damn nice guitar. In that price range, I didn't know if the market value was inflated or not, but I've always kind of hoped that whoever got it had the ability to play it justice, so to speak. This thread is doing bizarre things to my mind😒

Looking for an old Gibson J-45, Found one,

Description is: its the tone an absolute CANNON !!

Asked the seller for a clip, he said can give it a try(Thank him so much, nice guy), and added: the guitar was traded in by John Leventhal and can be heard on his wife's (Roseanne Cash) song Western World(Western Wall ?) as well as a few others on that CD. He traded for a J-35 to compete with Jackson Brown 's collection.

Interesting

Really? (mostly I lean to believing it)

===========

declaration

===========

I geuss, it may be nothing of privacy, commercial,etc, just an interesting story of guitar. And would not bring anything negative to the seller(and relative people), instead, favorable to the selling of the guitar, so I share(post) it to guitar pals here.

If I'm wrong, let me know ASAP, and delete it.

Check her album out,,Guess for what songs this J-45 is used

The album is: 10 Song Demo (1996)

Besides Western World(should be Wall ?) the seller mentions, there are other songs as below seem to use this J-45(my guessing, and you ?):

2 If I Were a Man (front)

4 Western Wall (front)

7 Child of Steel [live] (front)

9 I Want to Know (right channel)

10 Take My Body (front)

11 Mid-Air [live] (right channel)

But as an accompaniment, not a melody one, the guitar does not seem to express too much in all songs above.

Cool! What is the year?

Didn't mean it to sound "snarky".

I actually paid a premium for my 1933 A-00 Gibson mandolin because it was owned by Scotty Stoneman.

My apologies.

I bought a cherry-burst 1965 J 45 in NYC a couple of years ago. I like to imagine it's the one that was stolen from Donovan... [rolleyes]

I keep hoping to fall across Ramblin' Jack's stolen Herringbone D-28 in a pawn shop somewhere😒

Archived