Gibson Brands Forums

With a little help from my friend

Lars68

I have this song I wrote a while back that I have been messing around with. Today I recorded this version with my neighbor on piano and vocals. What a difference it makes being around someone who actually knows what they are doing [biggrin]

It's a very special feeling hearing someone else playing and singing something I wrote.

What do you think?

Lars

I really like it Lars!

Organ and guitar really blend great.

Your neighbor is a great singer...and I think singing with her helps you stay on pitch better. You didn't sound too shabby yourself either...

Song has got a really cool vibe.

I really like it Lars!

Organ and guitar really blend great.

Your neighbor is a great singer...and I think singing with her helps you stay on pitch better. You didn't sound too shabby yourself either...

Song has got a really cool vibe.

Thanks for listening, Avery. I think this song is the closest I've ever come to actually realizing my initial idea for a song. It was also very cool to simply be doing a song with someone else, and for once not focusing on trying to avoid vocal mistakes. I felt I know this song well enough by now to sing it decently.

Lars

It's a very special feeling hearing someone else playing and singing something I wrote.

What do you think?

Lars

Loved it! Get yourselves a coffee shop gig mate.

And I agree re others doing your stuff, I have been at gigs and heard my songs performed (usually it's about half way though the first verse til I realise [biggrin]) and it feels great I reckon.

Loved it! Get yourselves a coffee shop gig mate.

And I agree re others doing your stuff, I have been at gigs and heard my songs performed (usually it's about half way though the first verse til I realise [biggrin]) and it feels great I reckon.

Thanks, your way too kind. I might be able to hold a song together every once in a while now, but I'm far from being consistent enough to be able to play live. My singing is still too wobbly in most songs, but maybe one day...

Lars

Horry Crap did you take it up a notch. Well done Lars. See, that's what's awesome about this forum. We share stuff. We get criticism. We get encouragement. We improve. We make good music. Will any of us be the next TVZ? No. But will we further our joint development, love of music, and Gibson guitars? I think so.

Well done.

Horry Crap did you take it up a notch. Well done Lars. See, that's what's awesome about this forum. We share stuff. We get criticism. We get encouragement. We improve. We make good music. Will any of us be the next TVZ? No. But will we further our joint development, love of music, and Gibson guitars? I think so.

Well done.

Thanks so much, Sal. That means a lot. What you said above about this forum is so very true. Personally, I would be nowhere near where I am with my music today, had I not started posting my first crappy attempts at singing and songwriting here about a year ago. I know I have a long, long way to go still, but my level of enjoyment of this hobby is increasing exponentially with every single sour singing note I manage to correct.

Lars

Well done.

Well said, Sal- and bravo, Lars. Collaboration is a creative magic in its own right. Very fun.

Lars, this may be the best recording you've done. Bringing in the piano and extra voice is a big plus. Piano and guitar mix well here. If you recorded all four lines on separate tracks, I would bring here voice up a touch in the mix. It's always hard to get that balance right with voices that are so different.

Good job, much improved.

Nick, Anne, thanks a lot!

I have my guitar and voice on one track, and then her singing and the piano on two seperate tracks. When I attempted to mix them, I found that the results varied greatly depending on which headphones I used. So I got confused and settled for some kind of compromise.

Lars

Congratulations for your persistance and please dont forget to thank Hogeye personally for giving you the the right motivation.

[biggrin]

His kind of attempt at "motivational speech" had no affect on me. I found my drive elsewhere...

Lars

Archived